Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

For my dinner Im eating, chippy chips, with those delicious Linda McCartney sausages. With home made gravy. Home made gravy in the sense that I put the gravy granules  into a cup, and put boiling water into the cup, to make my gravy. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 02/11/2018 at 08:03, peterms said:

Anyway, never mind vegans, let's hear about the all-beef diet and its obvious benefits.  You too can be like this man, if you simply eat beef, and only beef.

He's on Question Time tomorrow. :lol:

14 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

For my dinner Im eating, chippy chips, with those delicious Linda McCartney sausages. With home made gravy. Home made gravy in the sense that I put the gravy granules  into a cup, and put boiling water into the cup, to make my gravy. 

Second only to Cauldron in my short experience

I'm back on meat and all things dairy now, but for those that live in/around the Halesowen/ Blackheath area, if you're after a decent vegetarian Chinese, then go to Golden Wok in Blackheath. They seem to do most of their usual dishes but with the Quorn chicken replacement. Much better than having a huge, slimy mushroom as a meat substitute.

Also, make sure you pay by card, so you can see 'Gloden Wok' appear on your statements. That's been making me chuckle for about 10 years.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'm back on meat and all things dairy now, but for those that live in/around the Halesowen/ Blackheath area, if you're after a decent vegetarian Chinese, then go to Golden Wok in Blackheath. They seem to do most of their usual dishes but with the Quorn chicken replacement. Much better than having a huge, slimy mushroom as a meat substitute.

Also, make sure you pay by card, so you can see 'Gloden Wok' appear on your statements. That's been making me chuckle for about 10 years.

There used to be an off license in Hall Green Called "Something Wines and Spirits" (not actually "something, I just can't remember the first bit"

Anyway it was on my bus route to school.

They got their sign changed one day and the new one said "Wines and Spirts"

Made me chuckle every time I drove past on the bus :D lasted for years

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There used to be an off license in Hall Green Called "Something Wines and Spirits" (not actually "something, I just can't remember the first bit"

Anyway it was on my bus route to school.

They got their sign changed one day and the new one said "Wines and Spirts"

Made me chuckle every time I drove past on the bus :D lasted for years

Do you not slightly feel like there's something missing, now?

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Carlos Cuellar posted something on FB with #veganlife earlier

Quite a few footballers are Vegan.

Delph, Bellerin, Aguero, Messi to name a few

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

CoverTest1-680x450.jpg

at least Movember sorta works as a witty play on words  .... Veganuary , WTF

Meh, the merit of the pun isn't really what's driving my decision.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I always thought Movember was a terrible play on words.  It's not pronounced 'moe-stache' and therefore gives no clue as to what it is based on the pun alone.

I thought it  (Mo) was an Aussie  slang word for moustache   ..and the whole thing originated down that neck of the woods ?

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought it  (Mo) was an Aussie  slang word for moustache   ..and the whole thing originated down that neck of the woods ?

Fair enough then.  Months are pretty hard things to pun.  Easier to rhyme such as 'Sober October' although that is an abomination and I've no idea why anyone would want to do it.

Â