18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Derby looking exactly like a team that sneaked into the play-offs at the last possible moment. I would take them in the final assuming Villa make it that far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Even so, they still look lacklustre to me.

No shots on target yet but they are dominating the game. They for sure doesn't look like a team out of form

Edited by villalad21

When we faced them the other week the commentary were talking about Leeds commanding games, but struggling to score. Right now Leeds have 66% possession though they have only had one more attempt on goal than Derby. I expect Leeds to score today, yet I could also see Derby nicking one too. 

Leeds are just so much better than Derby. We would be aswell if we'd faced them over two legs.

Actually got BBC radio Derby on and believe it or not but plenty of texters/callers were predicting Derby to win 3 or 4 nil before the game, they all genuinely believed Leeds were going to be no resistance in the play offs at all.

Little warning if we get through we're going to have to play very well in the final.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All of us? 

I think so. Villa, West Brom, Derby.

If we catch them on a good/bad day and it clicks in the final third as it so easily can, I don't think any of us can get near them. I think they have (in patches) been by far the best side in this division at their maximum.  Sensational on the ball, and frightening off it when engaging sides.

Whether they can get back to them in these 2 and half games though is the question.

Edited by rodders0223

Derby are pants. Every single time they have played Leeds they have played shite. 

Remember this Leeds side has major injuries as well. Its not really a shock for me. Its game over. Derby are not going to win at leeds

We need to be able to match them for intensity in the probable final. They work so much harder than anyone else, Bielsa has drummed it into them from day dot. The thought of having little posession for a second straight Final is a horrible thought. Come on Derby at least injure Hernandez or start a ruck with them

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think so. Villa, West Brom, Derby.

If we catch them on a good/bad day and it clicks in the final third as it so easily can, I don't think any of us can get near them. I think they have (in patches) been by far the best side in this division at their maximum.  Sensational on the ball, and frightening off it when engaging sides.

Whether they can get back to them in these 2 and half games though is the question.

Not seen anything from Leeds I dont think we are capable of.  Definitely not a level above us and if we'd had Smith from the start of the season of Jack not out for all those games I think we would have finished above them as well.