18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Johnstone has had a tough season, but that above is revisionism IMO. He made plenty of crucial saves last season and he was a commanding presence behind the back 4. He was up there for player of the season I thought. 

What he can't do is play football. Steer on the other hand is a class footballer, without the size or presence of Johnstone. Although also Baggies fans have seemed to notice he is susceptible to long range shots too, he can't seem to sort his feet out. I seem to remember a similar theme at Villa last season. Which is why we should be shooting on sight as often as we fancy it on Saturday. 

McGinn piledriver on the cards.

• Like 3

Apparently Leeds are struggling with injuries. Jansson is a big doubt. Could be Bielsa mind games as they are desperate to win at any cost but if he is out that's a big blow for them. 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2019 at 00:02, A'Villan said:

Hopefully you're being sarcastic..

In that match we had 64% possession, and were equal in shots on target and in total.

Nearly doubled their passes and had 13% higher completion rate.. We also quadrupled the amount of corners for.

Stats lie..... It was a horrendous first half of football. West Brom let us have the ball as they say back in the 2nd half... We never threatened the result

On 08/05/2019 at 16:16, villalad21 said:

Complete disaster if we don't go up. Mings, Axel, Abraham, El Ghazi, Jack. All of them will be gone

Never understood why people include loan signings in these dramatic lists, what are you trying to prove? they will be gone regardless as they are on loan until the end of the season.

*Think we have an option to buy on El Ghazi though.

• Haha 2

On 08/05/2019 at 10:08, Lord Willard said:

When did we last concede two goals barring the Norwich game? 

Don't you just hate yourself when we do that.....I'll bet you was ever so confident too.😀

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2019 at 16:16, villalad21 said:

Complete disaster if we don't go up. Mings, Axel, Abraham, El Ghazi, Jack. All of them will be gone

I don't think there will be a disaster with Dean Smith.....I think he knows what he wants.

With the right manager/CEO/Owners......They will have their finger on the pulse.

Many moons ago we lost A Gray/J Deehan & John Gidman in the same closed season, we thought the end of the world had come......We signed, Kenny Swain- Peter Withe and someone else ( can't remember)as good.....went on to gain the top prizes.

We are in good hands.

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

They have done tomorrow's game predictions in fifa 19,  though it's not real it's an interesting read as the AI on world class against one n other can be ace to watch..

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-west-brom-prediction-16242003

"You'll never guess who wins the lottery if they open this page!"

• Haha 1