18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

9 hours ago, tinker said:

If we get through and meet Leeds in the final the most important person on the pitch will be the referee. If he's weak then we will get kicked all over the pitch , we need him to punish the first foul on Grealish , if that happens then we will best them .

I watched the Derby v Leeds game yesterday alongside my Dad. At half time, I said that Leeds didn't look half as dirty as when we played them. Then, second half, they went back to type and started roughing Derby up. 

What you said about the referee is spot on. Get a solid ref who notices all the niggly challenges and cheating and Villa beat Leeds comfortably. 

I think we are good enough to beat Leeds even if they are allowed to play their dirty bullshit. The last time I think we would have ended up winning it if it wasn't for the red card wrongly given En Ghazi. That totally changed the momentum of the game. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think we are good enough to beat Leeds even if they are allowed to play their dirty bullshit. The last time I think we would have ended up winning it if it wasn't for the red card wrongly given En Ghazi. That totally changed the momentum of the game. 

Nothing personal mate but i absolutely abhor in football and sport when people look too far down the road. We are not playing Leeds. We are not in the final. We have to play what i think will be a very tough game to have an opportunity to contest the final. Tuesday night is not a gimme. We need to be right on it mentally and our level of football needs to be sharp too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Ended our winning run when we were strolling around taking it easy in preparation for the playoffs, without our first choice striker, trying to kick lumps out of us and playing like the Germans in Escape to Victory.

Don't forget the cheating and being dirty dirty bastards part.

Villa to beat BBB, FLD to make a comeback against DDL making it a Villa Derby final. Come on!!!!!!

Edited by TheStagMan

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nothing personal mate but i absolutely abhor in football and sport when people look too far down the road. We are not playing Leeds. We are not in the final. We have to play what i think will be a very tough game to have an opportunity to contest the final. Tuesday night is not a gimme. We need to be right on it mentally and our level of football needs to be sharp too.

Completely agree 😄

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

We'd kill Derby in the final, no doubt about it. Unfortunately we'll play against Leeds, and they know how to play against us. It will be very close, so close it's unfair.

We know how to play against them too

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Too true.

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Ended our winning run when we were strolling around taking it easy in preparation for the playoffs, without our first choice striker, trying to kick lumps out of us and playing like the Germans in Escape to Victory.

spot on.

43 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Roofe aka Ruth out for Leeds with calf injury. Shame

Not gonna laugh as don't want to jinx us. 

No roofe or Bamford this really is the best chance Derby will ever get. 

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Bamford is back no?

Should be yep.  2 match ban in game 45.

As for the discussion around Leeds/Derby, I think Leeds go through comfortably.  I'm worried about them if we get to the final.  They're well capable of winning on their day.

• Like 1

With Bamford returning, their Amateur dramatics will be too strong for the rest.  Makes them big favourites now.

I'm sure Villalad will join me in some gut-churning simpering.

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

Should be yep.  2 match ban in game 45.

As for the discussion around Leeds/Derby, I think Leeds go through comfortably.  I'm worried about them if we get to the final.  They're well capable of winning on their day.

Yup. I had a feeling they would struggle against Derby but they looked good. They have the ability to frustrate us and hurt us. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not gonna laugh as don't want to jinx us. 

No roofe or Bamford this really is the best chance Derby will ever get. 

Is Jannseen fit.  He was a massive lose for Leeds on Saturday.

39 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yup. I had a feeling they would struggle against Derby but they looked good. They have the ability to frustrate us and hurt us. 

We can hurt them too. Let's not forget that.