18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Why? 

Since the start of April they've been beaten by Birmingham, Wigan, brentford and Ipswich. They are more than beatable. 

Every team have patches of bad form, even Liverpool and Man City.

Watching them today they did not look like a team out of form, i'm worried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That would be the peak of my happiness if that happens.

I do think we match them and can go toe to toe with them, what concerns me is Smith's lack of experience in these big games and finals. 

John Terry says 'hi'. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Every team have patches of bad form, even Liverpool and Man City.

Watching them today they did not look like a team out of form, i'm worried.

Leeds haven't just had a bad patch of form though have they, since Christmas they've basically been a mid table side, they are just not as good as everyone makes out. 

• Like 1

I hope we do face those cheating rocket polishers in the final. We won't be anything but sharp for them. Our players will want to put them in their place. Just get past the Boggies and watch the magic happen. 1996 revisited.

• Like 2

If we get through and meet Leeds in the final the most important person on the pitch will be the referee. If he's weak then we will get kicked all over the pitch , we need him to punish the first foul on Grealish , if that happens then we will best them .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Leeds turn up for the big games, I don't care how they did against Wigan, Ipswich etc. We're not them.

They had a bench of 19 year olds and half of their team missing and still outplayed Derby. If we both get to Wembley they will be about as tough as Fulham last year. Although this year I feel we're better prepared. 

• Like 1

Derby were poor and Leeds still managed no shots on target until late on.

Not saying it will be anything but hard if we do face them in the final. As it should be. But they're not as good as Fulham last year, have nothing like the momentum and we're a better team and far more balanced than last year.

Also, if there is such thing as Karma, Leeds cannot succeed. Dirty, cheating, underhand scumbags.

Fear nought.

Derby were crap yesterday but Elland Road will be really uncomfortable if Derby score first, i wouldn't discount a Derby win. 

37 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Leeds turn up for the big games, I don't care how they did against Wigan, Ipswich etc. We're not them.

They had a bench of 19 year olds and half of their team missing and still outplayed Derby. If we both get to Wembley they will be about as tough as Fulham last year. Although this year I feel we're better prepared. 

Another myth. Leeds are one of the biggest bottle jobs in football. Their biggest game this season would have been sheff utd away for the autos spot which they lost. Do you think those losses against those crap sides weren't big games? Those games were when the pressure was on and they was either trying to overtake sheff u, all massive games in which they couldn't win. 

• Like 4

Correct. They made an absolute bollocks of their promotion run in. It was theirs to lose and they spectacularly failed, including losing to two of the shittest teams in the division, with a man extra. Abysmal.

Doesn't mean they can't recover to still win the playoffs, but mentally strong? Don't make me laugh.

• Like 2

We did fail in to many big games, threw away autos.

But we tend to perform against the better teams which is what i cling on to.

In very poor form recently but ended your winning run and comfortably beat Derby, yet lost to Ipswich in between 😐

I'm hopeful, its poetic that similar to the majority of the season we have big injury problems.