KJT123

18/19 Race for Promotion

Recommended Posts

On 14/09/2018 at 04:15, dn1982 said:

The playoffs distort the league. We should be aiming for top 2 and have the playoffs as a fall back. Last year it wasn’t all about finishing top 6 after our bad start and it’s looking to that way already. That’s nothing good enough. This squad will challenge for the playoffs regardless of who I supported  In charge. That’s not good enough. We need to win our next 3 to get back to top 2 form of 2 pts a game. That’s easily achievable with who we have. Will-we do it is another thing. 

I disagree with all of this. You seem to think we are something we aren't.

"This squad will challenge for the playoffs regardless" Really? Based on what?? I think it will be miracle if we finish in the top 6. It just isn't going to happen. And you really are in dreamland when you start talking about finishing top 2.

I'd bet everything I own on us not being in within 15 points and 5 or 6 places of the top 2.

We have no defence and League 2 standard goalkeeper. Plus a manager that doesn't know how to get the best out of the squad, which isn't a great squad to start with.

Play offs? No chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fifamad said:

Brentford will win the league.

They won't because someone will come and buy their best players in January, and then again in the summer.

And they'll still be OK because they've got a good manager who can fit largely cheap and unknown players bought for him into a system.

The chump we've got can't get the best squad in the league to look like they've trained together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically we are only 5 points off the top and with the squad we have we should be able to beat every team in this league, there aren't any teams I 'fear' this season.

In saying that, with Bruce at the helm and the team playing the same type of football week in week out we will be lucky to beat anyone.

We need to change the manager as soon as possible before the gap opens up any further.

In our last 5 games we've taken 4 points out of a possible 15... we should have claimed at least 10 point from those games which would see us at the top of league.

Unfortunately it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

In our last 5 games we've taken 4 points out of a possible 15... we should have claimed at least 10 points from those games which would see us at the top of league.

Unfortunately it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

4 points from 15!...

Sorry, but if that ratio is kept up this season then it will be bordering relegation material.

11 points dropped against teams we should have delivered a hiding to!

#Bruce Out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I disagree with all of this. You seem to think we are something we aren't.

"This squad will challenge for the playoffs regardless" Really? Based on what?? I think it will be miracle if we finish in the top 6. It just isn't going to happen. And you really are in dreamland when you start talking about finishing top 2.

I'd bet everything I own on us not being in within 15 points and 5 or 6 places of the top 2.

We have no defence and League 2 standard goalkeeper. Plus a manager that doesn't know how to get the best out of the squad, which isn't a great squad to start with.

Play offs? No chance.

Isnt a great squad? 

Deary me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Isnt a great squad? 

Deary me.

Erm, no it really isn't. A great squad would have at LEAST one quality GK, at LEAST 3 quality CB's, at LEAST 1 quality natual LB.

We have none of those. Are you even awake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I disagree with all of this. You seem to think we are something we aren't.

"This squad will challenge for the playoffs regardless" Really? Based on what?? I think it will be miracle if we finish in the top 6. It just isn't going to happen. And you really are in dreamland when you start talking about finishing top 2.

I'd bet everything I own on us not being in within 15 points and 5 or 6 places of the top 2.

We have no defence and League 2 standard goalkeeper. Plus a manager that doesn't know how to get the best out of the squad, which isn't a great squad to start with.

Play offs? No chance.

Did you say the same thing this time last season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommo_b said:

Did you say the same thing this time last season? 

No I said we would not go up, no chance of automatic but we could scrape the play offs. I was right, although we actually made the play offs comfortably we still didn't go up. I got dogs abuse for suggesting there was no way for automatic and yet, I was bang on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

No I said we would not go up, no chance of automatic but we could scrape the play offs. I was right, although we actually made the play offs comfortably we still didn't go up. I got dogs abuse for suggesting there was no way for automatic and yet, I was bang on.

Time for you to quit, Steve. Appreciate you steadying the club, but you need to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We needed to be close to the top before December and we won’t be if Brice stays. This is second year where he has started pathetically. In fact I would say this has been worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

No I said we would not go up, no chance of automatic but we could scrape the play offs. I was right, although we actually made the play offs comfortably we still didn't go up. I got dogs abuse for suggesting there was no way for automatic and yet, I was bang on.

We fell short but there was a chance. I think bang on is giving yourself way too much credit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We needed to be close to the top before December and we won’t be if Brice stays. This is second year where he has started pathetically. In fact I would say this has been worse 

Given the easy start to the fixtures this season it is definitely worse.  We picked up 18 points last season against the bottom 3.  After a third of the matches against teams in the relegation zone this season we have managed just 2 points.  If you compare like-for-like results (based on league position of the clubs we have played) we are 9 points worse off this season compared to last.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change the manager now and we should still make the top 6. We still have a quality attack for this level after all. Abraham with his 20 odd goals for Bristol, Bolaise good at this level for Palace a few years back, Kodjia and Grealish etc. Plenty for the next guy to work with.

Let things drift however and that will become distant. We've hardly played a good game all season, Brentford imo was our best performance and we were 10 seconds away from losing that at home.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

We fell short but there was a chance. I think bang on is giving yourself way too much credit.

I said we had no chance of top 2. I was right. How many days did we spend in the top 2 again?

Now I am saying we won't make the top 6. I will be right again.

Edited by One For The Road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites