18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, allani said:

We are only 5 points off relegation too.  So we are just as far from out of contention for that.  I'm not suggesting that Bruce will get us relegated.  But as the last 26 matches have shown - our form is 11th and that is pretty much where Bruce will get us in my opinion.  Which I guess must be "thereabouts" as it sure as hell isn't "there" and Bruce keeps telling us that we will be "there or thereabouts".  Every press conference.  So it must be true.

That is something I hadn't even considered. I would be so disappointed with 11th if I'm honest. Don't have much else to add but I take your points.

Nobody  gets promoted after 6 games. Where were Fulham this time last year?I think at Christmas they were 9th.

We have 6 new first team players they are going to take time to gel.I think we will improve as the season progresses we just need to not let the gap between the top two get too big.I think Middlesborough look to be the strongest team but they are no Wolves.I see Leeds imploding like last season .

If you look at all the teams  we've played so far only Brentford imo will finish top 6. A fair few we've played will either be relegated or close to (Ipswich, hull and Reading).

We should have more points on the board. 10 points is poor considering we won our first two games.

Have a look at our fixtures from Mid November to Boxing day aswell, not great if we're having to catch up on even sixth.

Part of the reason why I think we need to ditch SB now so to give plenty of winnable fixtures for a new manager in next two months before we hit that really hard run.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Nobody  gets promoted after 6 games. Where were Fulham this time last year?I think at Christmas they were 9th.

We have 6 new first team players they are going to take time to gel.I think we will improve as the season progresses we just need to not let the gap between the top two get too big.I think Middlesborough look to be the strongest team but they are no Wolves.I see Leeds imploding like last season .

How much is Steve Bruce paying you then?  ;)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

The quality of the league this season is poor, if we fail to go up this year we never will

Depends who comes down really. If say it's Huddersfield, Cardiff and Burnley then can't say next season wouldn't look that formidable.

Bit more of a problem if West Ham and Newcastle are two that come down.

Edited by VillaChris