What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The missus just said why are you sighing, I replied some fella from Burntwood who now lives in Poland who is on the Villa site hasn’t got any tea towels showing in his kitchen. 

‘oh’ she says and walks off tutting 

Well that gave us a very good laugh, so you’ve earned this bonus photo

E44-C57-E9-8-F17-4691-A790-8-B6-D5-AD065

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Well that gave us a very good laugh, so you’ve earned this bonus photo

E44-C57-E9-8-F17-4691-A790-8-B6-D5-AD065

Excellent, funnily enough the missus came back five minutes ago and asked me to show her what I mean. I showed her the picture and she asked what are all those brightly coloured cans, I said the various ales from the round the world, she said has he got a drink problem?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BottleRender-StrawberryPeachCustardsquar

VaultCityBrewing-MangoInfernoonline_1000

As I loved the pear and vanilla sour in this range so much - and it really was excellent, seems quite hard to find now though - I thought I'd try a couple more. A mixed bag: the strawberry and peach one was fairly tasteless and was a pretty big disappointment. However, I had the mango and chilli 'Mango Inferno' together with my curry last night, and it was absolutely banging, just a great balance between the flavours. Up there with the pear and vanilla? Not far off.

Also rewarded myself for the win last night with one of these, from Basqueland:

Basqueland-Churros-Con-Chocolate-Imperia

The 'Churros con Chocolate' stout was also a winner, usefully capturing more of the bitter side of chocolate than the sweet. Another good beer from this brewery, which has provided several winners.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

59 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Excellent, funnily enough the missus came back five minutes ago and asked me to show her what I mean. I showed her the picture and she asked what are all those brightly coloured cans, I said the various ales from the round the world, she said has he got a drink problem?🤣

Evidently no problem, plenty of drink available here!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Bit of a mixed bag in this month's delivery. These are all highly anticipated:

qSoiHzq.png

This on the other hand? I'm not sure I want to open it

DWU5L7D.png

You might be pleasantly surprised. I think I had an earl grey one that posted a while back and it was nowhere near as bad as I imagined it was going to be.

On a completely different tack and unrelated, I missed out on the vegan version of this because I only have ten a month not 12 but I really want to try it. (The vegan version is 5.4% compared to 7.4% for the non-vegan). Brewed in ManChestah

Alphabet_Cans_FlatWhite_white_740x.png?v

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll be ordering some of that Mango Inferno, @HanoiVillan, that sounds amazing.

Vault City - Tropical Sour - Grunting Growler

I had some of this last night and would recommend it. It's a shame about the strawberry/peach one, I've never had a bad drink from Vault City so far.

I also had a can of Fovos, a coffee/vanilla/maple syrup 12% stout by Greek brewers Seven Islands, and it was absolutely delicious. Very similar to a Maltgarden one @fightoffyour and I have posted about in the past, but the maple is more subtle, I found Maltgarden's version a bit of a maple punch in this face. This was much more balanced and easier to get through, I'll be ordering a bit more of that

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I had some of this last night and would recommend it. It's a shame about the strawberry/peach one, I've never had a bad drink from Vault City so far.

I also had a can of Fovos, a coffee/vanilla/maple syrup 12% stout by Greek brewers Seven Islands, and it was absolutely delicious. Very similar to a Maltgarden one @fightoffyour and I have posted about in the past, but the maple is more subtle, I found Maltgarden's version a bit of a maple punch in this face. This was much more balanced and easier to get through, I'll be ordering a bit more of that

There seem to be a few of these Vault City sours; HonestBrew still have the Mango Inferno (but not the strawberry peach custard), along with 'Guava Kiwi Melon Mango' and 'Pies In The Skies' (strawberry vanilla): https://honestbrew.co.uk/brand/vault-city/

Might give those a try, though they ain't cheap.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I’ve ordered some Seven Island stouts (but not that one) from Funky Fluid’s new online shop, and they’ve got Vault City on the way so I’ll be looking out for these sours.

Maltgarden have gone to shit by the way, although they have re-released their best beer - an Arabic spiced pastry stout - in a can, which I’m hopeful will live up to its former bottled glory.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this on page 3, has everyone gone on the wagon?

Anyways I have a new delivery. This months theme is Yorkshire. Everything delivered is new to me. If you remember the Rhubarb beer I absolutely hated by Brew York, well I now have another of theirs to try …Raspberry pi(e) and it’s another oat milkshake pale but with raspberries. Abv 4.7% it’s not as bad as the rhubarb one but it’s also not much better either. I’d still class it as terribly, it's got this really weird hollow taste sensation where the effervescence and the tart raspberry taste don't really meet the smoother oaty aftertaste in the right place.

Second worst beer I've had this year, glad to get it out of the way first

5FC8F0B2-D2B1-4AB9-8406-D0C6B84FDF3F.jpeg

• Like 2

Second up tonight Waterpistol, a “juicy pale ale” weighing in at 4.6% abv. Lime and tropical fruits but it is quite balanced in taste with enough of the hoppy taste in there.

Brewed by the Amity Brew Co in Pudsey

Not exceptional by any means but much more pleasant than a lot of the more juicy ones I've had previously. Acceptable

A6D8758B-6362-44D2-A227-83EE151AAFF1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 03/05/2021 at 12:00, Davkaus said:

I had a bottle of that last week and would recommend it too. I still find drinking sours a strange experience though. I have that what the hell is this taste at first, but then it grows on me as I drink it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

AF284-DB1-39-F6-45-D8-ACEC-7-FF22-FD6-C4

Bit underwhelmed by this lot, but pub gardens open in 3 hours for the first time since September (well, a lot of people went at midnight as seen on the news). Ta ra a bit!

I hope the villa top isn’t being used as a tea towel!

Â