What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I only discovered from this tweet that this is that brand new, I'm drinking it now

Talus seems to be hop of the month, had this on draft (!) last weekend and it was an absolute banger.

p682-funky-fluid-triple-talus-but-500ml.

Currently enjoying this juice bomb of a DIPA

la-debauche-folk-can-6431.jpg

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Puhaste-Guava-Gose-Can-330ml.jpg

A guava gose by Puhaste. This was one of the best goses I've tried. Not too sour, I think because it had some lactose in it, and guava is a great flavour.

Points for the can regardless of what’s inside 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Puhaste-Guava-Gose-Can-330ml.jpg

A guava gose by Puhaste. This was one of the best goses I've tried. Not too sour, I think because it had some lactose in it, and guava is a great flavour.

Is there octopus in it too? (It's not too long ago that this would be a silly question)

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Is there octopus in it too? (It's not too long ago that this would be a silly question)

Haha no I don't think so, think that's someone's flight of fancy in the art department.

• Haha 1

Celebrated the FA Youth Cup win with a couple of Musa's:

Musa-Remistura-Port-BA-Belgian-Strong-Go

Pretty sure I've talked about this ale aged in port casks before, but it's absolute dynamite. I keep ordering more for 'special occasions', and I'm running out of occasions but I'm gonna keep ordering more. Top stuff.

Also supplemented by:

Musa-Jingle-Dubbel-Belgian-Brown-Ale-Bot

A grape dubbel. Also lovely, though not quite as special a taste as the Remistura. Would still get again though.

• Like 1

Tried Guinness for the first time the other month and really enjoyed it. I’m surprised how much I liked it. Got me thinking I may like some other drinks that are kind of in the same vain. Any suggestions would be great . I’ve seen on here before that you can get all types of wacky flavours. Vanilla, custard, caramel, I’d enjoy those type of tastes .

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tried Guinness for the first time the other month and really enjoyed it. I’m surprised how much I liked it. Got me thinking I may like some other drinks that are kind of in the same vain. Any suggestions would be great . I’ve seen on here before that you can get all types of wacky flavours. Vanilla, custard, caramel, I’d enjoy those type of tastes .

Haven’t tried this myself but it looks ok for an entry level and readily available (in Morrisons) flavoured craft stout.

537648011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=83e06

The range tends to vary a lot from store to store so you’re probably best to go and check out what’s on the shelves. I’d be after a much higher ABV for a thick and decadent pastry stout, but you can expect a price tag to go with it that you might not willing to risk for one beer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Haven’t tried this myself but it looks ok for an entry level and readily available (in Morrisons) flavoured craft stout.

537648011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=83e06

The range tends to vary a lot from store to store so you’re probably best to go and check out what’s on the shelves. I’d be after a much higher ABV for a thick and decadent pastry stout, but you can expect a price tag to go with it that you might not willing to risk for one beer.

That has kind of become my standard Stout in a can

I had one of these last night though, the chocolate is a very dark chocolate taste

DSC06078_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1620131753

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

That has kind of become my standard Stout in a can

I had one of these last night though, the chocolate is a very dark chocolate taste

DSC06078_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1620131753

This is the best chocolate stout I've ever had

Persistence_Is_Utile_Bitter_Chocolate_Ed

• Like 1

On 22/05/2021 at 21:34, NurembergVillan said:

That looks my kind of ale, @bickster

Tonight I'm keeping supermarket simple...

image.png

Where did you get that from?  Haven't been able to get it from any supermarket for months!

My monthly box arrived today. A couple of repeats including some maple and coffee imperial stouts, but the one I'm most looking forward to is Nerdbrewing's 11% liquorice, lemon and vanilla stout. Think I'll save that one for Friday night :) 

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

From the Spar round the corner!

It's a decent drop to be fair.  Like the beer equivalent of having a cup of tea.

Best canned beer available in my opinion (my opinion discounts "craft" beer)

Hmmmm, must get a looky look at a Spar!

• Like 1

Â