Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Things look to be escalating fiercely. I'm not sure how reliable that Twitter account is, but some of the stuff on there is horrendous. This tower collapse is being widely reported elsewhere, including by the BBC. There was a ninety minute warning issued for this incident.

The BBC headlines always make it sound Israel is on the receiving end of attacks and it isn’t stated that to be retaliation (and they don’t put it that way either) until the body of the text, when the former is still stated first.

Israel-Gaza: Rockets pound Israel after militants killed

Hamas militants have launched dozens of rockets at Israel after Israeli air strikes killed senior commanders and felled another tower block in Gaza.

The same applies to a report yesterday. I imagine this isn’t inadvertent.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The BBC headlines always make it sound Israel is on the receiving end of attacks and it isn’t stated that to be retaliation (and they don’t put it that way either) until the body of the text, when the former is still stated first.

Israel-Gaza: Rockets pound Israel after militants killed

The same applies to a report yesterday. I imagine this isn’t inadvertent.

The same with Swedish telly and papers. It's always "Israel responded to by..." But then they do also have some critical voices from time to time.

Not seen many calling it for what it is yet thou. Ethnic cleansing from an Apartheid state.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Imagine some Muslims bombed St Peter's Basilica on Easter.

Think those guy's would be invited to compete in the Euro's or the WC qualifications by UEFA?

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Think those guy's would be invited to compete in the Euro's or the WC qualifications by UEFA?

I've heard that ISIS Under 19s are fantastic.

• Haha 1

At least they didn't burn him alive this time.

Mob 'lynching of Arab' aired live on Israeli TV

Footage of a far-right Israeli mob attacking a man near Tel Aviv they believed to be an Arab was aired live on television Wednesday night, as the Israel-Palestinian conflict raged on.

The shocking images show a man being forcibly removed from his car and beaten by a crowd of dozens until he lost consciousness.

The attack, broadcast by public broadcaster Kan, took place on the seafront promenade of Bat Yam, south of Israel's commercial capital Tel Aviv.

Police and emergency services did not arrive on the scene until 15 minutes later, while the victim lay motionless on his back in the middle of the street.

Those in the crowd justified the attack by saying the man was an Arab who had tried to ram the far-right nationalists, but the footage shows a motorist trying to avoid the demonstration.

"The victim of the lynching is seriously injured but stable," Tel Aviv's Ichilov hospital said in a statement, without revealing his identity.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210512-mob-lynching-of-arab-aired-live-on-israeli-tv

• Like 1

Not much to argue with here. But I bet the word removed did.

I appreciate it when a politician can skewer the point like he does here. I'm sure he's a crackpot or got some dodgy views but here he's talking absolute sense.

• Like 3

German news did a series of interviews from Israelis who had their apartments hit by the rockets 

But then they did also go to cover the protest in gelsenkirchen where people marched the streets chanting "**** Jews" its been a while since that last happened... 

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Not much to argue with here. But I bet the word removed did.

I appreciate it when a politician can skewer the point like he does here. I'm sure he's a crackpot or got some dodgy views but here he's talking absolute sense.

No Richard Boyd Barrett is a good decent politician, definitely no crackpot. 

• Like 1

Â