Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

58 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pity the coup against him failed, as quite a few people mentioned at the time.

Reuters reporting Erdogan’s latest threats in a televised speech this morning. Apparently if Europe continues to label Turkey’s invasion of Syria as an invasion, he will open the border and drive more Syrian refugees into Europe. 

Meanwhile the Iranians are mulling sending 1000’s of security force personnel into Iraq to quell the anti-government demonstrations. NE Syria (& our Kurdish partners) are the nexus around which that whole theatre pivots. It effects Iran, Iraq, Turkey & Syria directly. The fact Trump did this after a chat with Erdogan, who has sought & gained Putin’s consent, tells you everything. 

Bad ju ju. 

He's turned a fairly enlightened country into an idiotic theocracy, he has actively funded and fuelled ISIS and has a genocidal impulse such that if he had his way he would annihilate all Kurds (which he has already set off the ground work to do). He is one of the most dangerous men in the world and needs to be terminated with extreme prejudice. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 explosions on an Iranan oil tanker outside Yeddah today.

Iran claiming terror attack, no doubt the US, Saudi and Israel coalition will claim the Iranians did it themselves.

Edit: The tanker was on route to Syria...

Edited by sne

In other news Netanyahu is going full Trump and calling for a boycott on the new Israeli TV-series Our Boys on HBO which he calls antisemitic.

He is already in a feud with the Israeli network who is producing the series over his corruption scandals...

Series is about the revenge murder of a Palestinian boy who was locked in a cage and burned alive. This came after 3 Israeli teenagers were murdered.

The Hasbara is in full swing and is flooding IMDB with 1/10 reviews :D 

Might be worth a watch, the old Israeli show that was the origin for Homeland (Prisoners of War or Hatufim) was quite good.

1 hour ago, sne said:

2 explosions on an Iranan oil tanker outside Yeddah today.

Iran claiming terror attack, no doubt the US, Saudi and Israel coalition will claim the Iranians did it themselves.

Edit: The tanker was on route to Syria...

Of course when the US military obeys Trump's instructions and withdraws from Syria, then the Syrian oil fields can be used for Syria instead of the oil being stolen for use elsewhere...so there will be no need for Iran to send oil...

27 minutes ago, peterms said:

Of course when the US military obeys Trump's instructions and withdraws from Syria, then the Syrian oil fields can be used for Syria instead of the oil being stolen for use elsewhere...so there will be no need for Iran to send oil...

Russia signed a deal for exclusive rights to Syrian oil ( and gas) back in 2018 ,  so Iran or whoever will be sending oil to Syria for some time yet I should imagine

Regarding the suggestion that the US are stealing Syrian oil  , its my understanding that the oil fields are in such disarray its unlikely the US  could gain much from them.  ISIS were in control of some fields and getting around 15,000 barrels a day  ( peak used to be 677,000 a day  for perspective) .

The aforementioned Russian deal seems to be more about the Natural gas resources and that  the Russians have little desire to invest and repair the oil fields 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The aforementioned Russian deal seems to be more about the Natural gas resources and that  the Russians have little desire to invest and repair the oil fields 

I dunno about this bit (agree with the rest). Oil = money and influence. Putin likes money and Putin likes influence. 

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Russia signed a deal for exclusive rights to Syrian oil ( and gas) back in 2018 ,  so Iran or whoever will be sending oil to Syria for some time yet I should imagine

Regarding the suggestion that the US are stealing Syrian oil  , its my understanding that the oil fields are in such disarray its unlikely the US  could gain much from them.  ISIS were in control of some fields and getting around 15,000 barrels a day  ( peak used to be 677,000 a day  for perspective) .

The US controls access to the oil fields east of the Euphrates through the militias it supports.  What oil is being extracted was being sold by IS via Turkey, and now by other militias with US acquiescence and with the help of an Israeli middleman.  I gather the oil fields are in a state of devastation rather than disarray, and will need a lot of infrastructure work, which the agreement with Russia presumably includes.

The US involvement has been not taking the oil for its own use, but denying Syria access to it, including by training sabateurs who have contributed to the destruction of the infrastructure.  Its agenda is not simple plundering, but keeping Syria ruined and balkanised.

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Russia is more interested in what’s offshore than onshore - the eastern Med’ is floating on natural gas. If properly developed those fields could offer Europe a viable strategic  alternative to Russian supplies, reducing Moscow’s leverage over Germany in particular. 

Not surprising that Putin’s very keen to either control the project, or act as a spoiler for it if necessary. 

On 10/10/2019 at 12:15, Awol said:

Pity the coup against him failed, as quite a few people mentioned at the time.

Reuters reporting Erdogan’s latest threats in a televised speech this morning. Apparently if Europe continues to label Turkey’s invasion of Syria as an invasion, he will open the border and drive more Syrian refugees into Europe. 

Meanwhile the Iranians are mulling sending 1000’s of security force personnel into Iraq to quell the anti-government demonstrations. NE Syria (& our Kurdish partners) are the nexus around which that whole theatre pivots. It effects Iran, Iraq, Turkey & Syria directly. The fact Trump did this after a chat with Erdogan, who has sought & gained Putin’s consent, tells you everything. 

Bad ju ju. 

I still have my doubts whether it was a real 'coup' gave that psychopath terrorist erdogan the opportunity to get rid of anyone that opposed him.

• Like 1

The Turkish national side saluting the military after their win against Albania last night.

1ed59bd5-1189-4ddd-b05b-253efa493a29?fit=crop&h=733&q=50&w=1100&s=a3ba923b041be29e334887c8dcb7e7db57570301

Hope they are thrown out and banned.

Proud history of genocide in that country, absolute cretins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

The Turkish national side saluting the military after their win against Albania last night.

1ed59bd5-1189-4ddd-b05b-253efa493a29?fit=crop&h=733&q=50&w=1100&s=a3ba923b041be29e334887c8dcb7e7db57570301

The choruses of boos and 'Allahu Akbar' that could be heard during a 'minutes silence' held around the time of the Paris attacks was my final straw for anything Turkish football related, utter scum.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sne said:

In fairness they're doing exactly the same things that "we" do when we're at war - these players will have friends and relatives away in the fighting and they're saluting them. I mean fair enough, you might well dislike the war (and I hope you do) but I don't think you can blame the football team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness they're doing exactly the same things that "we" do when we're at war - these players will have friends and relatives away in the fighting and they're saluting them. I mean fair enough, you might well dislike the war (and I hope you do) but I don't think you can blame the football team. 

I kinda think you can.

They are basically saluting ethnic cleansing and genocide and actions that most of the civilized world has condemned.

Pretty likely that at least some of them doesn't agree with the actions their state are taking and felt compelled to do it out of fear of reprisal thou.

Wouldn't want to risk ending up like Enes Kanter.

Edit: They've just bombed and killed a bunch of foreign journalist  outside Ras al-Ain apparently.

Edit: Not the football players that is but the military...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Will the world ever learn and change? Nope.

It's just an endless cycle of the elite/governments/privileged and the big conglomerates and corporations controlling the dumb poor across the world, causing phoney wars using flimsy differences/excuses like religion/money/oil/"they are brown with beards" and dividing us all up so they stay on top. Meanwhile, while us plebs without a pot to piss in divide ourselves and in fight, abuse and kill each other we keep falling for the bullshit the elite spout to keep the whole circus running.

**** depressing.

Â