New Manager Speculation

maqroll

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Henry as odds on?

F**k - you could get 9/2 last night!...

Is it happening...?

Henry 2-1, Faria 5-2 according to oddschecker. But as many people have pointed out, it’s a small market and relatively small amounts of money can effect the odds. I still wouldn’t be surprised if the next manager is someone completely unmentioned, until perhaps the very last minute. Although who knows when the very last minute is? Answers on a postcard. 

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Villa Park he falls out with all his players just like Cabbage did!

Highly paid, over-rated and basically not very good anymore. Maureen can jog on!!

Jose is always good the first 2 seasons, it's the 3rd season clubs need to sack him.

He has alway failed he 3rd year in ever club he's been to if he even stays that long.

Just look at his 3rd season in his comeback at chelsea, the same thing is happening now at man u.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I think Henry would excel in this league. We've been sheeeeeeeeet defensively, and drawn a ton, but with a sprinkling of va-va-vooom we could have nicked most of those games. It's not like Bruce leaving means we'll be any worse defensively. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think Henry would excel in this league. We've been sheeeeeeeeet defensively, and drawn a ton, but with a sprinkling of va-va-vooom we could have nicked most of those games. It's not like Bruce leaving means we'll be any worse defensively. 

What are you basing that on? All Henry has ever done is being assistant manager.

I wouldn't go for either Terry or Henry, too big of a gamble. Rodgers, if we can even get him is the safe choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think David Moyes would be a very unpopular choice, with the fanbase.

Agreed, he's turned us down once so I for one would not be asking him the same question again. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What are you basing that on? All Henry has ever done is being assistant manager.

I wouldn't go for either Terry or Henry, too big of a gamble. Rodgers, if we can even get him is the safe choice.

Blind optimism

10 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed, he's turned us down once so I for one would not be asking him the same question again. 

too many maulings too....battle weary.

when managers have had their confidence severely dented....it leaves scars.....its like boxers, self doubt creeps in.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Rodgers is my preferred option but can't see it happening. Can't see Fonseca coming either so no idea who else we could get with links to Mendes. If we're going down the Henry experience level route I'd prefer us to go after Arteta if we could. Failing that, I could see AVB managing us.

• Like 1

I wonder if we are waiting for this weekends games before approaching a manager at another club ?

Kmac comments initially looked to suggest otherwise ...but on reflection he seems to be saying 'show any new manager what you can do'

The odds bounce around. which suggest no big money has been placed- and a few £ on hunches alters the market. But no real insider knowledge is yet reflected in the odds.

56 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd argue it's the complete opposite. If we had been able to keep the shit awful goals out we'd have won a fair amount of games comfortably. Imo not replacing Johnstone was the thing that cost Bruce his job. 

• Like 2