New Manager Speculation

maqroll

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd say it's the tip of the iceberg to be honest. 

If you cannot enjoy a season where we won over 50% of games and scored 70+ goals then yes, we will never agree on anything. 

Christ, if you get this upset after a season like that I'd hate to imagine what kind of mental state you've been in for the 6+ years prior. 

With the quality and experience in our roster playing against championship teams, we were depressing.   When we were a lesser fish in the ocean it was reasonable.  We weren’t that the last 2 seasons.  We were the whales in the bathtub.  And still played dire, negative, ineffective stuff FAR too often.   I blame the manager, you apparently didn’t see it.  

Edited by srsmithusa

This may well be another made up "STAR EXCLUSIVE" .... but consider this scenario .... Sawiris and Edens were sat watching the England v Croatia match 12 days ago. According to their interview this was when they decided to buy Villa and a week later the deal was finalised.

Nassef Sawiris has dual nationality, Egyptian and Belgium. Thierry Henri was at the world cup as the assistant manager of the Belgium team at exactly the time the decision was made. He was being praised in the press by the Belgium players for his "astonishing knowledge of football" and Sawiris as a 'Belgium' football fan would have been aware of this. 

This is where we move into the realm of conjecture. Did Sawiris pick up the phone to Thierry Henry, and sell him this exciting new project that would allow him to get loads of publicity in his very first foray into club management?

As I said at the beginning, this is probably no more than a made up 'STAR' story .... but what if?

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Could be absolutely brilliant or could be an absolute disaster. Either way nothing is ever boring with us..

Except the actual football.

Hopefully that is about to change.

• Thanks 1

Oh my lord.  If this is true then I don't know what to think....

Sensible half of me:  It's too late to change manager this close to a season starting. The players like Bruce and his staff.  It's too much upheaval at a time when the rest of the club is going through so much change. 

Silly half of me: IT'S THIERRY HENRY!! ? ? ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Y....E....S

I don’t it was painfully obvious to lots of us from the February after his first Transfer window that it was going to be outdated and devoid of plan b.

Ok he’s now got a plan B because he’s seen Gareth Southgate do it on the telly. 

Seriously the only reason he’s still in a job is because we’ve been skint. Just remember the play off final, or the botching of second place post a fluke against Wolves. 

Infact read the Steve Bruce thread after Jan this year. Dog shit football from a dog shit manager, **** it roll the Dice

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

Might turn out horribly wrong, might be the best thing that’s happened to us, or it might be in between. What I think this would tell us though is that our new owners have a specific way they want us to play, and also how we’ll go about our business. Attacking football with youth and inexperience given the chance to shine. With how FFP works, this method makes so much more sense. And I for one am well up for that. 

I was sat near the dugout the first time Sherwood took control of the team and was gobsmacked by the number of camera men lined up for photos of him.*

I cannot imagine what it will be like with Henry, a seething mass of cameras. 

*I always found the press obsession with him bizarre. He wasn't a particularly high profile player and had done nothing in management. Is the merest connection to Spuds really that powerful?