Pre Match

Demitri_C

No thread yet as I am guessing everyone is so deflated from that pathetic performance last night. We could be 4th before  a ball is even kicked .

Change the team simple as that. Take jedinak out for bjarnason. id consider dropping hourihane for lansbury also

If the Villa that played last night turns up we lose 2-1

If the Villa that played against Wolves turns up 2-0 villa win 

Need to just worry about 3rd for now and if the gap closes in next few weeks lets then think about 2nd 

If the club feel that automatic promotion is still possible, this is a must win.

I’d hope the players would feel they’ve got to recover with a solid performance as soon as possible.

I think we’ll sneak it, but it won’t be easy.

Need to make a couple of changes for this, but we are are very limited at the back.  Think the only fit option at present is Bree and I don't fancy him coming in.  Where is Samba?  Easter holidays have come early for him.  Anyway think I would go with:

Johnstone

Elmo         Chester        Terry        Taylor

Thor 

Lansbury           Grealish 

Snoddy                                     Adomah

Grabban

Subs:   Bunn,  Bree,  Jedinak,  Hourihane,  Onomah,  Hogan, Davis

Edited by ferguson1

Ideally I would have put Jedinak in for this game after giving him a rest last night. Bolton are a physical side and can be tough to beat. Ameobi and Clough are their stand out players and at home, on Sky, they will be a tough opposition. Odd goal wins it. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Ideally I would have put Jedinak in for this game after giving him a rest last night. 

Without wanting to be wise after the event that was the obvious thing to do. Too bad our manager isn't really a believer in rotation/resting players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Same team again for me. I think the lesson will be learned and they'll be itching to get at it.

I agree. Hopefully the QPR match was a wake up call for them. 

I thought this game was going to be more of a banana skin than QPR going into this week, still I don't think it will be easy.

Maybe 1-2 changes to rest some old bodies (Jedi, Terry etc.)

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Same team again for me. I think the lesson will be learned and they'll be itching to get at it.

I'm not saying i disagree with the logic, but with Bruce acknowledging last night that he should have made changes, it seems pretty unlikely to me that he won't make changes on Saturday. 

Perhaps what we are seeing is experience being negated by age, at the sharp end of a long, hard season.

I think he has no choice but to make changes for this game.

Automatic is gone, but we still have to stay in the play off places. Play offs will be difficult to get through.

11 hours ago, av1 said:

I'm not saying i disagree with the logic, but with Bruce acknowledging last night that he should have made changes, it seems pretty unlikely to me that he won't make changes on Saturday. 

Same team again for me, The trouble is with most our fringe players . Is that is what they are fringe players. I say keep playing our best team until they have to be changed or dropped. Bruce cant win this argument because if he rests players and loses or if he keeps same team and loses.

So best for everyone if we win 4:1. come on UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Perhaps what we are seeing is experience being negated by age, at the sharp end of a long, hard season.

I think he has no choice but to make changes for this game.

Automatic is gone, but we still have to stay in the play off places. Play offs will be difficult to get through.

Really need to remain third as i think that we would then be playing the likes of Sheff U, Derby, Preston etc,

Rather than Fulham or Middlesboro in fourth or fifth.

• Like 1

I hope this game kickstarts a winning spree til the end of the season. I still believe Cardiff will slip at some point. Keep faith, could be back to a 4pts difference after this game.

• Like 2

I can't see us winning this. Bolton are tough to beat at home. Plus it is on sky so they will be up for it. Players like Ameobi like to perform when they are on TV.  Nailed on for a draw I think.

3 hours ago, osmark86 said:

I hope this game kickstarts a winning spree til the end of the season. I still believe Cardiff will slip at some point. Keep faith, could be back to a 4pts difference after this game.

Good for you. We have to keep the faith until the positions become mathematically impossible.