Best British TV comedies of all time

VILLAMARV

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I'm surprised how little the Royale Family has been said - it's genius. 

For me that's one of those weird ones that never hit home with me.

Not that I think it's bad, I just never really got it.

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The three series were excellent but the specials afterwards were more miss than hit for me.

Early Doors was very good. I have the suspicion that if it had been written by Aherne and not Cash it would be more appreciated.

• Like 1

Possibly interesting fact is that STILL GAME has the highest IMDB rating of anything that's been said so far with a 9.0

Possibly unsurprising fact is that Cannon and Ball have the lowest IMDB rating with a 5.6

• Haha 1

5a98af4645baf_wordcloudCHANNELS2.jpg.f454162c0c3946e9a66d27573a908e59.jpg

In terms of the channels behind these programmes mentioned so far Auntie Beeb is well out front. Certain shows have channel hopped.

5a98bbb36aa1e_vttvyears1.thumb.jpg.559a0633f0c412e7d240a0f6f311d387.jpg

1990 appears to be our favourite year - in terms of the first broadcast episodes.

• Like 2

These ones all got past 50 episodes.

Panel shows lead the way. HIGNFY is way out in front on an episode count with 484 with the other BBC screensaver Q.I. (235) ahead of ITV's Celebrity Juice (211). TV Burp (ITV) and Whose Line is it Anyway? (C4) complete the top 5.

Spitting Image, Morecombe and Wise and Would I Lie to You? are the only others past 100 episodes. 'Allo 'Allo is the sitcom on our list with the most episodes (85), with Dad's Army next on 80 and Red Dwarf currently on 73 episodes. 7 of these shows are still on air at the moment. 5 of which are panel shows.

vttvepisodes5.thumb.jpg.8273829163a978cf8d2bcf01ca45c1e6.jpg

Can't believe no one's mentioned Not Going Out yet. For me it's top tier British comedy, right up there with My Family and Two Pints.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 11:09, lapal_fan said:

Hate Ricky Tomlinson with a passion and mostly wasn't too fussed on Caroline Ahern as a consequence, I never watched it

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hate Ricky Tomlinson with a passion and mostly wasn't too fussed on Caroline Ahern as a consequence, I never watched it

fair do's.

But taking the most mundane concept and turning it into a 3 series classic is to be admired.  I think it's brilliant /fastshowreference 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

fair do's.

But taking the most mundane concept and turning it into a 3 series classic is to be admired.  I think it's brilliant /fastshowreference 

I suppose Coronation St and Eastenders are still on series 1

On 03/03/2018 at 06:07, Seat68 said:

What do they call the Royal family in Europe?

I'm only not smoking in front of Baby David until he's old enough to get up and walk out of the room, then it's his choice

Oops responded to your post instead of the op

Edited by sidcow

Â