Best British TV comedies of all time

VILLAMARV

This discussion seems to have taken over the film thread so I thought it deserved it's own thread. Even a Top Ten is hard. So much mirth to choose from. Personally (and in no particular order) I'll kick it off with this. My favourite 10 off the top of my head would be

• Blackadder
  • Fawlty Towers
  • Bottom
  • Spaced
  • Red Dwarf
  • The IT Crowd
  • Father Ted
  • The Young Ones
  • Black Books
  • Porridge

Doesn't quite sound right that some of the other names in my head aren't on that list but there we go. Have at it VT.

• Like 4

Monty Python's Flying Circus has some of the best things ever, but is also hugely uneven in quality.

As I mentioned in the other thread I also really like the first seasons of Coupling a lot.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Monty Python's Flying Circus has some of the best things ever, but is also hugely uneven in quality.

As I mentioned in the other thread I also really like the first seasons of Coupling a lot.

That's the main one in my head that I'm thinking sounds crazy not to be there but like you say the TV show was very hit and miss imo.

The Office

I.T crowd

Alan Partridge

Royale Family 

Garth Merenghi 

Vic and Bob (Shooting stars, Katterick, Smell of, Bang bang)

Bottom

Red dwarf 

Game on (very much of its time, but I liked it at the time)

Bo Selecta'! (I was the right age and it still makes me giggle).

No particular order..

My list is very much a kid in the 90s kinda thing.  And I can't help but think I'm missing a biggie.  

Father Ted is Irish isn't it???!! Can't be on a Brit TV list, unless it's just stuff that can be on a list.. in which case, friends and Simpsons would be on the list. 

Cool thread!  Be interesting to see different generations opinions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Father Ted is Irish isn't it???!! Can't be on a Brit TV list, unless it's just stuff that can be on a list.. in which case, friends and Simpsons would be on the list. 

Cool thread!  Be interesting to see different generations opinions. 

I thought it was commissioned for C4 so I counted it.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Inbetweeners!

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Steptoe and son 

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Peep Show

All things along with Python that I had to consider for that 10th spot on my list. It's hard to argue with any of you really, they are all great when they are on form.

Â