Other forums

mjmooney

A Liverpool supporting friend of mine used to bang on about his forum all the time which to be fair meant that I in turn looked for a Villa one and found VT. He came to stay a few nights last year and ended up looking over my shoulder while I was on VT and he commented on how good it looked and he was pretty impressed. Personally I like VT because the reason we're all here is pretty benign and we all come from different walks of life. On topic can become a scary echo chamber type place at times - see the Bruce thread eh?!? but actual debate can actually break out here. When my mate looked through the depth some of the off topic thread go into he was a bit confused - until I reminded him he wasn't talking to other scousers of course ;) and I think he loved that we had a whole liverpool thread in other football and then got disheartened when he realised how little other people talk about his beloved reds :) and presumably what we think of them lol. All placeism aside he was genuinely impressed and realised why Im not fussed with any other social media.

Ive joined other football ones to follow a few of our players on loan but dont think ive registered for any thing outside the footiesphere. All the others Ive posted on have been far too disjointed to bother much with off topic. The way there are often 50 different threads with 10 posts in on the same player ends up frustrating me to a point where I come home and it looks normal again :) 

I am on a local Stafford one. I visit it slightly less than VT. Its fairly similar, more polite but similar subjects. 

Also on a british country music site because I need to speak to people about country music. 

Finally digital spy as I like to get angry at idiots. 

5 hours ago, Xann said:

Have the same name and avatar on a music forum elsewhere and was duly found by another VTer.

He assured me there was no stalking involved :D

We both know the police have said it still wasn't stalking at that stage.

---

I'm on a hifi site that is quite niche, it deals in modifications people have done to one particular model of turntable.

Edited by chrisp65

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I lurk this from time to time, some serious hilarity to be had. 

At my peak of forum usage I used this, susi, tsr, fools gold, neo, FF shrine and albumwash, for gaming, anime, music, and various other shite. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I am on a local Stafford one. I visit it slightly less than VT. Its fairly similar, more polite but similar subjects. 

Also on a british country music site because I need to speak to people about country music. 

Speak country to me baby, I'm all ears. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm signed up to the forum that was set up on the back of an Aston Villa fanzine. I'm sure most will know which one I mean, but out of respect for this forum won't mention the name. I think I've been a member of that forum longer than this one. I've got about 250 posts on that one, and 10,000 on this one. 

Eurogamer - it’s alright but very cliquey and hive minded. Don’t go there much due to it.

Also on a wrestling forum but that’s coming to a close now as my interest is waning.

VT is my internet home. 

Â