Other forums

mjmooney

I know several of us subscribe to other forums, and I often wonder how similar to/different from VT they are.

The only one I really frequent is Expecting Rain - a Bob Dylan forum. They have an Off Topic section, and these are some of the threads in it: 

What are you reading now?
Seen any good movies lately? 
Let's discuss television programs
What made your day today? 
What are you drinking right now?
What are you listening to now? 
Marijuana discussion
NFL 2017
Art thread: painting, sculpture, photography, etc.
Thread for iconic or interesting photographs
What's the weather like outside your window? 
The official old time puns and jokes thread
Dogs
Last records bought
Funny videos
What pissed you off today? 
Shocking confessions! 
Major league baseball (2018)
I had a dream...
Ask Old Man Emu 
NBA fans? 
The official boxing fans thread
Post pics of people you find hot... gals and guys
The golf thread
Football (soccer) dicussion thread
How do you stay fit? 

Looks familiar. 

Edited by mjmooney

I don’t bother with any other forums. VT pretty much has everything I need. Was looking at my profile the other day, and to think that I joined in December 2010 is crazy. I must have looked at this site everyday for just over 7 years. Mental. 

Sorry, I release I haven’t contributed very much to this discussion! Hah! 

I used to be a pretty committed member to an Arsenal forum. In the same way we've had fans of other clubs on here. That was fun but they gradually lost interest in me so I fell away from that.

Only other forums I've been proper members of is an Audi forum and a poker forum. But neither of those lasted very long.

VT is the only one I still regularly use.

I browse Denver Broncos forums but I'm not a member. Mostly it's a SBnation blog so no forum as such, only comments on articles.

VT really is the only one, and Off topic at that.

• Like 1

Just here , I joined up for the Villa section , back in the day when you could write a front page article if you so wished  !! 

long term I found OT was a more enjoyable way of passing the time (sometimes :) ) and picked up a few friends along the way ( quite a few of whom don't post on here any longer )

tbh I had zero interest in Politics when I joined the forum , but that's where the more heated and colourful debate tends to be had and where I spend  far too much of my time

VT is the only forum I’ve joined. Not on any music/film ones, the threads in off topic more than suffice.

I’ll look at other club’s forums if there’s something interesting happening, say if a former Villa manager has been announced as that club’s new boss. That’s just to see what they’re take on it is. I wouldn’t have time to post much on another forum. 

While it can get heated in on topic at times, having looked at other club’s forums, we really have it good here.

40 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've been on a cricket forum for about 10 years which predates me joining here, and sometimes read a couple of bands' forums but don't post much.  You do get similar topics though, I've even seen the arse wiping topic covered somewhere else.

Perhaps I should start an arse wiping thread on the Dylan forum.  :mrgreen:  On the whole, their Off Topic isn't a patch on VT (although the books thread is pretty good). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ask Old Man Emu 

I like that BOF has a Bob Dylan forum equivalent  , I hope there is a Mrs EMU née Bennett on their forum  somewhere :)

Saw Dogs on the list , but no cats are awesome forum ?

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I like that BOF has a Bob Dylan forum equivalent  , I hope there is a Mrs EMU née Bennett on their forum  somewhere :)

Saw Dogs on the list , but no cats are awesome forum ?

Yeah, I thought the same (I guess there may be one that had dropped down the list beyond where I checked). 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Perhaps I should start an arse wiping thread on the Dylan forum.  :mrgreen:  On the whole, their Off Topic isn't a patch on VT (although the books thread is pretty good). 

You should do it.  I'd leave the balls in or out when pissing to this perverted corner of the internet though.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do they appreciate good music ;)

Apart from His Bobness, you mean? :)

They have a whole subforum for it (as well as one for bollitics). 

Screenshot_20180117-185346.png

Â