The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Show me where I’ve defended yesterday’s decision. I’ll wait. 

Of course I want it to succeed. Why wouldn’t I want something introduced to football to succeed?

Its not succeeding though. And I’d rather it was scrapped altogether

I think you’re reading what you want to read

I’m not saying you’re defending the specific decision but you still felt a need to come on and defend the system, and it’s the system that is the problem.

I, and others don’t want VAR to succeed because the very concept of it is fundamentally flawed, it cannot succeed overall despite the fact that it can on occasion, right a wrong, so hoping for it to do so - in my strong opinion - is anti-football ultimately.

But that’s my opinion, and you’re obviously entitled to your own.

Imo, I don't think it was a red. Both went for the ball and missed and the momentum of both meant Keita kicks him. It looks worse in slow motion.

Good decision on the goal there by VAR, to disallow it.

Edited by Jono62
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m not saying you’re defending the specific decision but you still felt a need to come on and defend the system, and it’s the system that is the problem

Show me where I’ve defended the “system”. I’ll wait. 

All I said was the technology worked. Which it did. It’s just a video. It showed exactly what it should show. Better angles to allow the ref to correctly overturn the decision. 

The “system” failed. Miserably. 

please stop making stuff up

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mane was top four onside.

It would have been offside at the other end.

All day long, looking at that on MOTD. I said to my wife "that's offside if it's Ollie Watkins, bet it won't be for Mane"

• Like 2

First time I’ve watched MOTD in about 6 months, that’s just made me turn it off.

Starting to think I’m done with football, my interest is about 10% of where it was about 2 years ago and it somehow seems to continually get worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, penguin said:

First time I’ve watched MOTD in about 6 months, that’s just made me turn it off.

Starting to think I’m done with football, my interest is about 10% of where it was about 2 years ago and it somehow seems to continually get worse.

Its a farce. I love football for what it is as a contest.  rather lose a close fought game to Leeds, Everton or Palace. But Villa or the other teams throw a challenge to City, Liverpool and it feels like a crime 

Its rigged

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Thought that was blatant pen for Burnley, how is that not a foul by Chalobah? Even at 4-0 the officials cant give a decision against the top sides

Clearly captained Rudiger on FPL and didn't want to lose the Chelsea clean sheet bonus. 

I think I've got to the point where I don't trust the technology.

I know the refs are bent and they will draw the line from whatever part of the body they want, there's no consistency there at all, but if you are telling me Lukaku was offside in that cup final but Mane is on yesterday well, I'm just not having it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think I've got to the point where I don't trust the technology.

I know the refs are bent and they will draw the line from whatever part of the body they want, there's no consistency there at all, but if you are telling me Lukaku was offside in that cup final but Mane is on yesterday well, I'm just not having it.

It's dodgy for real. they never seem to show the straight line when it's close, the picture of the lines are always from a slight angle. Also if they are going to judge offsides by the cm, they need to totally get right by the millisecond, the timing in which the ball leaves the players foot for the cross, this they don't really bother with, it's all a bit subjective.

Mane was clearly onside so I’m not sure what the complaining is about, we certainly don’t want goals like that chalked off as everyone has been saying since VAR first came in.

But then the same goes for Lukaku, and the question of if it was Watkins although hypothetical we do have plenty of evidence from past decisions…

What happened to the thicker lines? Benefit of the doubt? Just eyeball a few still frames maybe with a grid of lines on the pitch to aid the perspective.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's dodgy for real. they never seem to show the straight line when it's close, the picture of the lines are always from a slight angle. Also if they are going to judge offsides by the cm, they need to totally get right by the millisecond, the timing in which the ball leaves the players foot for the cross, this they don't really bother with, it's all a bit subjective.

Oh trust me they do, this is the part that is critical for them to decide whether off/onside is given based purely on which club benefits from it. 

If its that tight all goals should be given. The problem isn't the system it's the suspect way in which it is being used.

• Thanks 1

Â