The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

The main reason I can't see a euro elite league happening is that the big clubs enjoy being dominant in their leagues. If one of them started getting bashed every week their fans would turn. 

I'm guessing there would be no promotion/relegation either... 

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The main reason I can't see a euro elite league happening is that the big clubs enjoy being dominant in their leagues. If one of them started getting bashed every week their fans would turn. 

I'm guessing there would be no promotion/relegation either... 

Yep, the Premier League is bad enough with 5 or 6 teams "challenging" and only 1 can win the league at the end. Arsenal and United would be even worse playing better teams weekly

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Story on sky news regarding Mesut Ozil’s comments on China.

Among the chief concerns for the premier league is the impact on a chain of restaurants they own out there.

The Premier League owns a chain of restaurants in China, just let that sink in.

I be very interested on the actual menu. Probably get the the Burnley burger with a side of Chelsea chips

To me its a f****g travesty that Liverplop ( the great and mighty, deserve the league for showing up supposedly in this day and age, Liverplop) are sending a youth team, potentially without their manager  (for real??) to play Aston Villa in the League Cup Quarter Final.

The reason? To play in Qatar.

For money.

They have won it 8 times. We have won it 5 times. Shame on them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

To me its a f****g travesty that Liverplop ( the great and mighty, deserve the league for showing up supposedly in this day and age, Liverplop) are sending a youth team, potentially without their manager  (for real??) to play Aston Villa in the League Cup Quarter Final.

For money.

They'll probably still **** beat us and in doing so end our season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

For money.

take the Qatar and money bit out of it

this is the 16th edition of this cup which replaced the intercontinental cup after 40 years, I always think of it as being in japan but FIFA have shipped it around the world a bit since they expanded it

not sure why its become a problem now, the FA knew Liverpool would be in this tournament the moment they won the CL in May, its a head in the sand thing from them, should have discussed the contingency in the summer, I still think the future of the league cup is that European teams shouldn't take part but inevitably it will just be dropped

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

For money.

Under 23 coach will be taking charge

• 2 weeks later...

Sunderland vs Bolton today in a bottom of table League1 clash, 2 long time top flight teams even played in top flight this decade. 

Both crippled by inept ownership chasing the Premier League money 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

.........and could so easily have been us playing in League One by now had it not been for NSWE.  We are very lucky indeed.

Its one of the reasons i dont get dramatic with how our season may go. We could be a lot worse off 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its one of the reasons i dont get dramatic with how our season may go. We could be a lot worse off 

Totally agree mate 👍. How quickly some of us forget.

They have "high expectations" and "make no apology for it". Although those high expectations rarely extend to fact checking and punctuating their rants.

Â