Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Not surprised, the team looks leggy. He should've freshened the team up for the start. Also they are outnumbering us i the middle. Before the game i was hoping he would give the fullbacks, whelan and possibly even the wingers a rest as well. Wednesday are defending in numbers and not over committing when going forward we need creativity to break them down.

Over to you Callum :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Isn't it funny how one or two decent performances are lauded as us turning a corner, but a bad (read: Shit) performance is meaningless and we should ignore it. 

O'Hare is the answer...i'd bring him on 2nd half

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Isn't it funny how one or two decent performances are lauded as us turning a corner, but a bad (read: Shit) performance is meaningless and we should ignore it. 

Have they really been lauded as such though? Still two losses (potentially, most likely) in 14 really isn't shit by any stretch of the word.

Jonathan Kodjia, Josh Onomah and Robert Snodgrass are all doubts for the weekend clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

We take on the Owls on Saturday with a 3pm kick-off – and the trio are all facing a race to be fit for the game.

Kodjia has an ankle problem, Onomah has an issue with his groin while Snodgrass has injured his rib.

From the OS earlier this week.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/11/03/injury-update-kodjia-onomah-snograss-grealish%3fview=amp

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Although Adomah has been worse to be honest. 

Agree, every time hes had the ball hes either misplaced the pass or overran the ball.

Should have gone off instead of Snodgrass

With what has happened in this game we are very unlucky

Terrible luck. 

I cannot even be angry. I just hope Terry's injury is not as serious.

The players do look exhausted after playing so many games in a short space of time.

Bruce should not blamed for what has happened so far. 

I think they can nick a couple on the break. This could turn out to to be our worst defeat at home since we got relegated. 

Praying Terry injury not too serious. Personally would have put Jed on at the back over Samba who has looked shocking everytime we've seen him. 

But hey what the hell do us fans know?

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He did say he had some type of injury.

However Snodgrass looked very pissed off.

So not sure if Bruce is a bit of a  prick, or Snodgrass is a Diva prick.

Bit of both!

If it is an injury he could still be pissed off with having to come off injured when he is frustrated at the team losing and not being able to do anything about it.

Don't really rate Snodgrass that much. has a decent left peg but no pace and not a great dribbler or passer.

Just now, Junxs said:

Agree, every time hes had the ball hes either misplaced the pass or overran the ball.

Should have gone off instead of Snodgrass

After the 2nd, Snodgrass looked disinterested. Not surprised he was taken off.