Match Thread: Preston v Villa

limpid

I was livid after seeing the lineup but fair play to Bruce he seems to have got it right.

We're playing great and seem very well balanced. As enjoyable as Kodjia can be to watch it's interesting to see a team who are aware of one another's movements and release the right ball at the right time.

• Like 1

Can’t see Preston being that bad in the second half. Pro job required - bring it home lads. 

That was 45 minutes to underscore I know nothing about football, team selection or whether Bruce is good or bad. Strong work all round. More please. 

Are we really all watching the same game? To me it looks more or less the same as against the scum. Sure we're leading, which is great, and I couldn't be more delighted, but my god this hoofball is terrible. Frankly I can't understand how we're leading by two goals here. Will this turgid crap ultimately result in promotion!? 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not sure where that 45 mins came from but will have more of that please! Bruce should stay well away from the changing room at half time!

We got away with one with the pen but otherwise excellent.

I've got this spooky feeling it came from that cowardly, bungling dinosaur Steve Bruce. :P

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Are we really all watching the same game? To me it looks more or less the same as against the scum. Sure we're leading, which is great, and I couldn't be more delighted, but my god this hoofball is terrible. Frankly I can't understand how we're leading by two goals here. Will this turgid crap ultimately result in promotion!? 

We see what we want to see. 

This game yet again proving that when Bruce grows a pair and we actually have a go, keep the ball and try and string together moves instead of sitting back and hoofing we look a million times better, and it leads to goals.

We still concede control to the opposition for too many periods of games, but Terry has been excellent again at the back - potentially dangerous situations never get to develop because of his reading of the game.

Sky commentary is nauseating however, they couldn't be any more up Bruce's arse if they tried:

'Remember where they were when he took over', 'He had to steady the ship when he took over, promotion was never the goal', 'Villa have had less rest after the Blues game' and 'Don't forget they are missing Kodjia' 

Just waiting for 'He only spent 3 million net this summer' to complete the set.

• Like 1

The football really isn’t great but it’s been been enough to be comfortably better than them. As happy as I am with the result, I hope we step it up a notch after the break. 

That being said, much better from Onomah today and, playing the way we do, Keinan Davis is such an important player for us. 

6 minutes ago, vreitti said:

LOL just LOL. Brouters can't cope with the real world as it is actually happening!