January transfer window 2018

Jareth

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought it meant we have only debts and losses? 

Owners money doesn't count. 

It seems a good rule/ not....you buy a load of Players, who don't work out ,make massive losses, as if thats not enough punishment, you then get spanked by a rule, that doesn't allow you to get it right.

seems like heads you lose, tails you lose.

Ps these guys who make these rules, actually get paid as well.

Edited by TRO

25 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What if he didn't take the penalty? :D

If someome else took the penalty, missed it and then it bounced back, then a defender cleared it and then it hit Kozak on the arse and then it went in Michael's made up stats would still remain the same.

Also, if Kozak had scored every shot he took he would have hit 20 goals that season.

So I think it is fair to say, Kozak is better.

• Haha 2

Think everyone knows this FFP rule was just a ruse to protect the so call big clubs after Man City and Chelsea ruined Man United and Arsenals party, and PSG tried to buy the European Cup.

If they really wanted to make things fair, they should just set the same limit for everyone. Every club has 100m transfer budget and they decide how they want to split that between fees and wages. This would also drive down agent fees who are getting more money than the players when you consider each agent is taking a cut from a number of his clients. 

Also setting a maximum sponsorship budget, that way a mega rich company can maybe sponsor 3 or 4 teams rather than give it all to one.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I didn't dislike Kozak, I felt sorry for him with all the injuries he suffered but apart from his one UEFA cup run with Lazio he has a terrible scoring record. 

His scoring record in Serie A is distorted because of the low number of mins he played.

On the surface it looks like 10 in 58 but if you calculate it by mins played it goes up dramatically from 0.17 to 0.41

His goal scoring record in the Premier League, Europa League and Serie A combined is actually 0.48 goals per game which is basically 1 in 2.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I see the fact that correlation does not equal causation still eludes you.

Or you're still having difficulty connecting the dots. I have a feeling I know which one it is.

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What if he didn't take the penalty? :D

Everyone was itching for him to score so fairly confident he would have taken it.

Edited by Michael118

14 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Or you're still having difficulty connecting the dots. I have a feeling I know which one it is.

Everyone was itching for him to score so fairly confident he would have taken it.

You're connecting dots that aren't there.

22 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

His scoring record in Serie A is distorted because of the low number of mins he played.

On the surface it looks like 10 in 58 but if you calculate it by mins played it goes up dramatically from 0.17 to 0.41

His goal scoring record in the Premier League, Europa League and Serie A combined is actually 0.48 goals per game which is basically 1 in 2.

You got to question why he didn't play more, if his scoring rate is so good. 

Didn't he go a whole season and didn't score in the league? 

Kozak was an awful signing who had an awful injury and made it even worse. He was never going to be good enough for the premier league.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't he go a whole season and didn't score in the league?

He didn't score for Lazio in the League in 12/13, but made only 5 starts and played a full 90 mins only twice that season. 

Edited by Michael118

Barely been on the site for 6 months but saw Kozak mentioned and first thing that came to my head was old 118 must be claiming our worst players are world beaters. Thought this running joke got old 18 months ago.

Got a funny feeling we'll be bringing in one more player this window, we still really need a striker. I'm nervous that we might end up with a panic buy, in the way I felt Heskey was at the time. Gabby was leading the line quite well at the time and i think Hogan is doing the same too currently. Don't fix it if it isn't broken. 

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Barely been on the site for 6 months but saw Kozak mentioned and first thing that came to my head was old 118 must be claiming our worst players are world beaters. Thought this running joke got old 18 months ago.

Do you mean Jordan Amavi who has become a French international since joining Marseille?

Or Idrissa Gueye who is now arguably the Premier League's best defensive midfielder?

Or Ciaran Clark who was Newcastle's Player of the Season when they were promoted?

Or Carles Gil who has had 2 major operations since joining Deportivo, yet has still averaged more assists per game in La Liga than Christiano Ronaldo since he joined?

Or Ashley Westwood, who despite not yet establishing himself in their starting XI, has impressed at Burnley, who are currently 8th in the Premier League?

Or Adama Traore, who finally has a decent manager, has started scoring and assisting and has been named man of the match for Middlesbrough in his last 3 games?

Or Alan Hutton, who I never claimed was a world beater, but has now established himself in our starting XI as one of our better players?

Edited by Michael118

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Do you mean Jordan Amavi who has become a French international since joining Marseille?

Or Idrissa Gueye who is now arguably the Premier League's best defensive midfielder?

Or Ciaran Clark who was named Newcastle's Player of the Season when they were promoted?

Or Carles Gil who has had 2 major operations since joining Deportivo, yet has still averaged more assists per game in La Liga than Christiano Ronaldo since he joined?

Or Ashley Westwood, who despite not yet establishing himself in their starting XI, has impressed at Burnley, who are currently 8th in the Premier League?

Or Adama Traore, who finally has a decent manager and has started scoring and assisting and has been named man of the match for Middlesbrough in his last 3 games?

Or Alan Hutton, who I never claimed was a world beater, but has now established himself in our starting XI as one of our best players?

Ok I'll bite...

Everyone could see Amavi had some talent. Whether or not he could be succesful in English football was always the question

I don't remember anyone ever saying Gueye was one of our worst players

Clark seemed to be going downhill for us. He was stale and it was good for all parties that he moved. Fair play that his move has revitalized his career

Carles Gil. Hmmmmm can you give a source for that stat that you've stated? I'd be happy for him if this is true

Ashley Westwood is still shit then

Traore has had 3 good games recently in his 2 1/2 years in England then. That doesn't, in my opinion, mean that he will go on to be the next Messi. Those 3 games also don't change the fact that he was one of the worst players for us during our relegation season

Alan has done alright at left back and has become a bit of a cult hero for his tenacity and willingness to never give up

In general people take umbrage with your more radical posts because of your insistence that you know more than anyone else. This, you claim, is because of your 'spiritual' understanding of football that the rest of us mere mortals do not possess. That's a pretty outlandish position to take and so when a lot of what you say does not appear to be correct, people pull you up on it. Your insistence that Bacuna is an amazing central midfielder for example sticks with me when all of the evidence points to the contrary. I also seem to remember you trying to convince people that Benteke was a less than average striker in his time at Villa. (But ironically you use Bacuna's assists for Benteke's goals to support your arguments for him :D)

Thats my 2 cents anyway and for what it's worth I enjoy your posts and find you really funny even if I don't agree with 99% of your football ideas :D

Sorry it's late and that was all OT.

14 hours ago, Junxs said:

Think everyone knows this FFP rule was just a ruse to protect the so call big clubs after Man City and Chelsea ruined Man United and Arsenals party, and PSG tried to buy the European Cup.

If they really wanted to make things fair, they should just set the same limit for everyone. Every club has 100m transfer budget and they decide how they want to split that between fees and wages. This would also drive down agent fees who are getting more money than the players when you consider each agent is taking a cut from a number of his clients. 

Also setting a maximum sponsorship budget, that way a mega rich company can maybe sponsor 3 or 4 teams rather than give it all to one.

Been saying same thing for a while. That's why this version of ffp is bollocks. It wouldn't matter how rich your owners are you still can only spend the same

• Like 2