UEFA Nations League 2019

mikeyp102

Why have commentators seemingly been told to criticise VAR every time it’s used. Pretty obvious foul by Wilson so the goal gets disallowed and Martin Tyler goes on a rant about how everyone will be falling over for some reason. Another good use of VAR but it’s annoying that it’s against England again!! 

Yeah it's annoying. The way Tyler talks about football though I don't think he really understands it. Talks some utter nonsense at times. Strikes me as someone who's never actually played it.

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Why have commentators seemingly been told to criticise VAR every time it’s used. Pretty obvious foul by Wilson so the goal gets disallowed and Martin Tyler goes on a rant about how everyone will be falling over for some reason. Another good use of VAR but it’s annoying that it’s against England again!! 

Like footballers need a reason to fall over.  Tyler is talking shite.  Don't want a goal disallowed, don't pull a defender over, pretty simple.

• Like 1

It really seems like there’s an agenda amongst many in the British media to try and discredit VAR as much as possible and it’s pretty tedious.

How can anybody not see that that is a foul and a correct decision. I just don’t get why anybody would have an issue with that decision.

England back to picking players out of form and not even playing for the their club sides. Team is disjointed, unbalanced, lacking intensity and quality.

Its like the old days. 

Just now, Genie said:

England back to picking players out of form and not even playing for the their club sides. Team is disjointed, unbalanced, lacking intensity and quality.

Its like the old days. 

I thought we dominated the first half totally and should have been at least two up. We’re the better side second half too without really creating much.

Finishing has let us down as otherwise we’d be looking at a convincing win.

Really starting to see just how turgid, inflexible and tactically clueless Southgate is now. Basically Bruce, the longer the game goes on the worse we get, the more subs he makes the more disjointed and slower the game gets.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its like the old days. 

was thinking exactly the same, feels like regression. so laboured.

Who can come on and turn the game though, the squad is full of utility players but no one who really makes things happen.

Already been mentioned, but Southgate another manager who picks players who play for the top clubs, not who are in form. I mean it's blatantly obvious now Kane is far from fit, why play him???

Struggle's to score this team, every game. Goals look very lucky all the time.

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

was thinking exactly the same, feels like regression. so laboured.

Who can come on and turn the game though, the squad is full of utility players but no one who really makes things happen.

It’s pretty clear the players are on holiday. They are probably a bit pissed that 90% of their colleagues are on beaches.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s pretty clear the players are on holiday. They are probably a bit pissed that 90% of their colleagues are on beaches.

Tbf other countries are playing international football this weekend. Silly time to schedule qualifiers for me, let them have a rest in a non-tournament year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Anyway there's a really oxymoronic exciting game with Switzerland....

Ukraine vs Switzerland in 2006 possibly worst game ever. Switzerland even missed all the penalties in shoot out

Can imagine McLeish and Pulis were inspired that day

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah it's annoying. The way Tyler talks about football though I don't think he really understands it. Talks some utter nonsense at times. Strikes me as someone who's never actually played it.

Sure with VAR he might miss his Aguero moments 

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

It really seems like there’s an agenda amongst many in the British media to try and discredit VAR as much as possible and it’s pretty tedious.

I don't think it's an agenda, I just think it's that English football commentators are some of the dumbest people in existence.

• Like 3

Well the big plus of this tournament is these England players have proven again they can actually take composed penalties under pressure.

Scored 10/11 penalties over the last two shout outs and today there wasn't Kane or Rashford on at end to take one and they're the best two takers in the squad.

That's something to take at least.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Regardless of what people think of the competition, it's nice to see we're competing at the top end and holding our own. 

Fantastic 12 months for England.

Yep I think when you reflect on it properly it's been a great year, maybe a bit lucky at the WC, had pretty unflattering tactics as a basis, strong at set pieces and an outright goalscorer 

Big next year though, we'll piss qualifying again and the cracks in this team are there for all to see, positives are I think he's held some players back for the U21s (maddison especially) if we go in to the euros next summer with the same faces playing the same way then you can ask serious questions of Southgate, at the moment all our problems are there for everyone to see, Henderson makes this midfield a lot better which tells you everything you need to know 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think it's an agenda, I just think it's that English football commentators are some of the dumbest people in existence.

Lowest common denominator, always is probably always will be

You know that bloke Gary at work, the man Utd fab who talks utter bollocks, so much bollocks that you wonder if he ever actually watches football? He is their target audience

Â