UEFA Nations League 2019

mikeyp102

No issues conceding like that. Trying to play this way has lead us to 2 SFs and one of the better nations in world football. 

Obviously you'd rather mistakes not happen, but no complaints from me with how we're trying to play it. 

BArkley had been the only decent player in the middle before the half time changes. Can see why Southgate didn't start any of the champs league final players but looks a mistake now.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

VAR was for obvious mistakes, not millimetres. Apart from that, not sure why he's playing players that aren't first choice for their clubs. Need Deano to show em how to play out from the back

Although it is offside, I agree it's also a goal that should be given. 

When you clearly have gained no advantage of any kind, there should be no punishment. It's a bit like a player miscontrolling it on to his hand with nobody around him, it's not a free kick, just play on. 

• Like 1

For me it's not so much about what VAR was intended to do as what the offside rule was intended to do. I dont think giving offside for that is in the spirit of that at all. 

But then I'm an England supporter and not a VAR advocate so I would say that. I thought it before yesterday though. 

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Had the cheek to say Grealish needs to play in the prem to get picked and funnily enough they could've done with him last night. It was glaringly obvious we needed a player like him last night.

Ah well.

Spot on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Although it is offside, I agree it's also a goal that should be given. 

When you clearly have gained no advantage of any kind, there should be no punishment. It's a bit like a player miscontrolling it on to his hand with nobody around him, it's not a free kick, just play on. 

question mark wtf GIF

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

VAR was for obvious mistakes, not millimetres. Apart from that, not sure why he's playing players that aren't first choice for their clubs. Need Deano to show em how to play out from the back

Don't give them ideas.... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

For me, when you're talking centimetres, although officially it is offside, that's not why the offside rule exists. 

Ok, please define how far an offside has to be to be counted offside

• Like 1

Â