UEFA Nations League 2019

mikeyp102

4 hours ago, Genie said:

England back to picking players out of form and not even playing for the their club sides. Team is disjointed, unbalanced, lacking intensity and quality.

Its like the old days. 

I agree, I saw the lineup and decided not to watch. Delph, Dier, Linguard and Ali in midfield. Sancho would’ve been ideal to start. Could’ve given maddison these two games to stake a claim. Kane isn’t fit. It’s a joke, all the hard work from the World Cup is being wasted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep I think when you reflect on it properly it's been a great year, maybe a bit lucky at the WC, had pretty unflattering tactics as a basis, strong at set pieces and an outright goalscorer 

Big next year though, we'll piss qualifying again and the cracks in this team are there for all to see, positives are I think he's held some players back for the U21s (maddison especially) if we go in to the euros next summer with the same faces playing the same way then you can ask serious questions of Southgate, at the moment all our problems are there for everyone to see, Henderson makes this midfield a lot better which tells you everything you need to know 

Knowing the media England will go in favourites to the Euros and most likely flatter to deceive

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone bother to watch the final? It's a big serious tournament guys, for real.

popped it on but switched over for the Love Island recoupling aftermath

Edited by a m ole

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am sure people in Netherlands and Portugal watched it

If England had won it would have been greatest tournament ever

Whereas Ireland would just blame everybody else 😘

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Whereas Ireland would just blame everybody else 😘

I think my favourite thing about Ireland is the idea that the world loves to see them taking part. 

Bigger media nonsense than those who think England are going to win. Nobody gives a **** if Ireland are there or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Viewing figures for Germany have made the news, more people watched a 2 year old repeat of the Sunday night murder film (tatort) than watched the football

think the tier 1 level and the big final is pretty irrelevant but the impact of the lower tiers and their ability to qualify should in theory make it really popular with smaller nations meaning it will be here to stay

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Viewing figures for Germany have made the news, more people watched a 2 year old repeat of the Sunday night murder film (tatort) than watched the football

think the tier 1 level and the big final is pretty irrelevant but the impact of the lower tiers and their ability to qualify should in theory make it really popular with smaller nations meaning it will be here to stay

Dont think Germans are really casual football fans. Often have been in bars for big Champions League games and not that much interest. I had to ask to turn the game on for United vs Barcelona 😂

If domestic game or national team they are into it

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Zatman said:

In a move that will shock nobody, the Nations League has beem restructured to 3 divisions instead of 4.

This means Germany avoids relegation 

And Ireland. 

But to be honest I think it's a good thing. The nations league has been a success and the less pointless friendlies the better. It's now groups of 4 so 6 games instead of 4.

Edited by villa89

Â