World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Wasn't there more to the story than Icardi just taking Lopez's wife? I remember hearing Lopez was a shite father and husband. Icardi was helping raise the kids even before he got with his wife. 

This is just what I read on reddit, so obviously I am not saying it's true. 

Messi and Maxi Lopez were very good friends at Barca.

I think it was straight choice between Icardi and Higuain. Higuain might bottle finals but he's scored winner in quarter final v Belgium last time and also a hat trick v Korea in 2010 so he does score at World cup so more proven option than Icardi who missed a hatful when he started v Venezuela in qualifying.

Argentina have mediocre defenders and midfielders so much more wrong with the team than which forward to pick.

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dybala is somewhat overrated and Higuain shouldn't have ever played for Argentina again after the last world cup. Icadi would be a better option than both.

I was gonna say he's still a little raw (which he is ...) but at 24 years old you usually can't still be using that excuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The ban for Guerrero is so farcical that the 3 opposition group captains including our own Jedinak have appealed for FIFA to let him play

FIFA even acknowledged it was not done knowingly, ergo not cheating. 

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Naingolan and Martinez haven't got on ever since his appointment. With that being said, Naingolan is one of the best in the world, and would probably get into any national team's starting XI. 

Belgium's midfield is still very strong. De Bruyne,  Dembele, and Dendonker is likely their midfield three. Also have Fellaini and Tielemans. 

Dendonker will get nowhere near the starting eleven. Witsel, who chose Chinese money over a move to Juventus, is a guaranteed starter. De Bruyne - naingolan - Witsel would have been a strong midfield though.

Edited by AXD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Cocaine really isn't cheating in the first place, it isn't in most circumstance a performance enhancer. 

I imagine it's on the banned list because it's an illegal substance.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Harry Kane named as captain

There was a clip of him on the radio earlier, oh my. Not only does his voice sound like a drunk 5 year old, the content was also of it. Something along the lines of “yeah it’s an honour, yeah excited to go to the World Cup and that yeah, good group of lads just looking forward to getting out their and that”.

You’d think between himself, Spurs and the FA they might have groomed him a bit more. In this specific instance have a little something prepared.

So unbelievably uninspiring as a person it’s shocking.

Lets hope we get the Kane from Spurs and not the Kane from the Euros. There’s zero chance of him motivating anyone so hopefully he scores a few goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

World Cup 2018: England captain Harry Kane says they can win in Russia

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Fake news.

He couldn't say that without drowning in his own saliva.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England have won 2 knockout games in major tournaments since Euro 96 :o

Same as Wales

England's record in knockout games is appalling.

The win vs Spain in Euro 96 is the only knockout game in the Euros we have ever won.
We've won the same number of Euro knockout games as Iceland.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The win vs Spain in Euro 96 is the only knockout game in the Euros we have ever won.
We've won the same number of Euro knockout games as Iceland.

...and even that was on penalties :lol: 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I put that win down to Seaman's appalling goalkeeping outfit putting them off in the shootout :D

00E5348800000190-3227801-David_Seaman_ce

Â