World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:
5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Let’s not forget this one

Sterling has literally nothing to do with this story. 

905D67FD-67B7-45C6-A6AB-5A00071BA6E7.jpeg

I hope he's consulting solicitors, he shouldn't let them just get away with this shit. 

Where TF are your press standards agency?

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

liverpool fans think he's a snake for joining city, who he of course only joined for money, no other reason to leave liverpool is there?

they successfully sowed the seed that he's a greedy footballer

So a bit like us and Delph? Interesting. 

If it's not racism, what is it? I don't buy that it's an attempt to get back in Liverpool fans' good books, there are thousands of less circuitous ways they could do that. No Liverpool fan is buying the Scum just because they're mean to Raheem Sterling. 

On the other hand, this really is a sustained campaign of abuse, that has lasted years and years at this point. When they link him to murders that happened in a different part of the country, or illustrate articles about other people with his picture, this represents editorial decisions to make his life hell. Given the length of this campaign, it must have been discussed in dozens of editorial meetings, and they're still doing it, so it's clearly and totally deliberate. 

So if not disgust at the sight of a rich young black man spending money, what is it?

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

I dont know why England team and other teams havent boycotted Mail and Sun yet. They never spin anything positive at all

Sure Mail wanted Sven out every weekend and both gave odious "journalists"

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If it's not racism, what is it? I don't buy that it's an attempt to get back in Liverpool fans' good books, there are thousands of less circuitous ways they could do that. No Liverpool fan is buying the Scum just because they're mean to Raheem Sterling. 

On the other hand, this really is a sustained campaign of abuse, that has lasted years and years at this point. When they link him to murders that happened in a different part of the country, or illustrate articles about other people with his picture, this represents editorial decisions to make his life hell. Given the length of this campaign, it must have been discussed in dozens of editorial meetings, and they're still doing it, so it's clearly and totally deliberate. 

So if not disgust at the sight of a rich young black man spending money, what is it?

The timing is incredible as well.

Sterling's tattoo has been known about for weeks.

You can see it here the day Man City won the title. Not a great pic, but it would have been in full view for all of those celebrations so I'm sure there are plenty of better pics out there for anyone bothered to look.

JS150845636.jpg

it's no coincidence the story has been run as soon as the domestic campaign is finished and focus turns to the world cup.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agreed. 

More likely it's appealing to part of The Sun's demographic. Racists.

• Like 1

Tabloids Meet To Plan Weekly Vilification Of Raheem Sterling

Tabloids Meet To Plan Weekly Vilification Of Raheem Sterling

shutterstock_771386776.jpg

AT a meeting, which takes place in the same conference room at the same time every week, the English tabloids with the compliance of their international colleagues have convened once again to plot and plan out their vilification of Raheem Sterling for no other reason than, well, the colour of his skin.

Sterling made needless headlines recently after getting a tattoo of a gun, which emboldened English tabloids to think it was safe again to mock, attack, vilify and heavily insinuate the footballer needed a large number of people to coalesce and criticise him ultimately leading to his banishment from society.

However, tabloid editors have rejected accusations of blatant racism.

“Hang on, we single Raheem out time and time again because he comes from a less than privileged background, not just ‘cus he’s black,” confirmed one editor, “and don’t forget this isn’t one sided criticism, we criticise him for being obscenely rich and for having a dirty car, shopping in Poundland and buying nice things for his mum”.

Responding to claims from Sterling that the tattoo is unfinished and an anti-violence message relating to the fact his own father was shot dead when Sterling was just two years old, tabloid editors have said ‘we’ll have to tap his phones to see if he is telling the truth’.

The public thankfully has failed to fall for this bait, with many calling for a boycott of the offending newspapers and publications.

“Yeah but he’s a workshy millionaire footballer foreigner and I hate people like him,” confirmed the comment sections of the Daily Mail online, which is powered solely by the bilious fumes emitted by the people who spend the day there arguing about who dislikes people of colour more.

• Like 1

The one thing that has happened for me is that if he has a poor WC or is a complete no show i will actually feel a bit sorry for him 

Read a couple of the various rags stories on whats happened, you can see the way they shape the story to suit their agenda using emotive language around the quotes to change the context of what the quote actually says 

Southgate says he went for a walk and had a chat with him over it is changed to southgate was forced to have a discusion with him and wouldn't disclose what disciplinary measures were taken 

We dont deserve nice things 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The one thing that has happened for me is that if he has a poor WC or is a complete no show i will actually feel a bit sorry for him 

Read a couple of the various rags stories on whats happened, you can see the way they shape the story to suit their agenda using emotive language around the quotes to change the context of what the quote actually says 

Southgate says he went for a walk and had a chat with him over it is changed to southgate was forced to have a discusion with him and wouldn't disclose what disciplinary measures were taken 

We dont deserve nice things 

I agree with your post, except the part in bold. 'We' deserve better than the agenda set by Rupert Murdoch and his lackeys in the Scum. Only about one in every fifty people in the country reads the paper regularly; they don't represent all of us, or even most of us.  

• Like 1

Â