World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

Being awarded 2 pens at home in a deciding play off leg must feel pretty sweet.

Good thing for the Aussies that they didn't have the ref that did the Italy-Sweden game because then there would've been no pens.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Good to see be ashame if another major football nation didn't qualify ;)

Haha, no problems with Aussies making it as Honduras are dreadful to watch. Amusing they knocked U.S out of Concacaf.

Australia might not make it out of the group but they'll be competitive in Russia I'm sure.

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

In fairness that Ireland team is garbage, such a lack of quality throughout, very few top flight players

I cant agree, its a myth pedalled by MON media buddies Savage, Sutton etc. 

Ireland First eleven all top flight players though few injuries last night and squad wise without the stars on same level as Iceland or Sweden but while Bjarnason and Seb Larsson look decent for national team. MON tactics make Harry Arter who is a very capable footballer look like Carlton Palmer

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I encourage anyone here to watch Gary Breen's analysis of the game and his comments on MON. Very good. I can't get youtube on here otherwise I would post a link of it.

Saw it earlier, absolute cutting and as a Villa fan not surprised with some of it

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I encourage anyone here to watch Gary Breen's analysis of the game and his comments on MON. Very good. I can't get youtube on here otherwise I would post a link of it.

This ?

• Like 3

Peru take the final spot with a typical South American performance ie a couple of really classy moments plus a whole lot of time-wasting and gamesmanship. Disappointed for NZ :(

Â