Malta v England Slovakia v England

andykeenan

4Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford,Tom Heaton

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand, Aaron Cresswell, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Michael Keane, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Nathaniel Chalobah, Jake Livermore, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dele Alli, Jesse Lingard

Posted at14:11

6 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

4Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford,Tom Heaton

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand, Aaron Cresswell, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Michael Keane, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Nathaniel Chalobah, Jake Livermore, Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dele Alli, Jesse Lingard

Posted at14:11

No strikers? Has McLeish taken over the England job? ;) 

• Haha 1

I know the concept of a triple threat football match is controversial, but personally I'm looking forward to this and think it will provide the boost of excitement the international game needs. I will be cheering on England Slovakia, although I expect England will win, with Malta lagging behind in third.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hogso said:

I know the concept of a triple threat football match is controversial, but personally I'm looking forward to this and think it will provide the boost of excitement the international game needs. I will be cheering on England Slovakia, although I expect England will win, with Malta lagging behind in third.

I thought Brexit would put a stop to these England Slovakia combined nonsense matches!! 

Southgate has said about Joe Hart "I believe he's our best goalkeeper at the moment". In my opinion Hart was not even worth a place in the squad ahead of Fraser Forster. Against Malta it should not matter but he has already showed against Scotland the errors he is now prone to and to stick with him suggests to me that Southgate's judgement  is questionable at best. 

Â