Match Thread: Colchester v Villa

limpid

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Agreed. And to a lesser extend Hourihane has looked ok... although not on the ball or moving off the ball enough.

So you thinks he's been good...except when he's on the ball or off the ball...:P

• Like 1

Just once (in some meaningless fixture) or even better for some other team I'd love to see a Samba/Richards pairing in CB.

You know, for the comedy factor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Every single thing he has done so far he been a calamity though...I'd be tempted to take him off 

I'd wait until half time and then make a decision, wouldn't do his confidence any good if we hauled him off so early. Think it would be fair to at least give him a half. 

Just now, Spoony said:

So you thinks he's been good...except when he's on the ball or off the ball...:P

Ha ha, I didn't phrase that very well! I meant he's looked ok when he has been on the ball but not on it enough or moving off it enough. Blimey I'm only on my first beer too!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Just once (in some meaningless fixture) or even better for some other team I'd love to see a Samba/Richards pairing in CB.

You know, for the comedy factor.

Hutton and bacuna fullbacks, Bunn in goal, mmm yes 

• Like 2

Green is so inconsistent. He looked quality in the final 15 on Saturday, but he hasn't looked anything special tonight. Though maybe it's just O'Hare making he look worse cause O'Hare is the best player on that pitch by far.

We seem to be playing a similar style of football to the first half on Saturday, despite the change in formation and personnel.

Passes are being slid between the central defence and full backs, early crosses being put in, one central midfielder pushing on while the other sits.

It's fairly basic in its principle, but we didn't do enough of it last season, and if it's done right it's effective AND nice to watch.

• Like 2

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Yeah. Over 250 appearances for club and country.

Hmm, yeah I know... I was just being a jerk. I like him, he just seems incapable of passing, tackling or positioning. I do like him though.