Match Thread: Colchester v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, carewjust4u said:

The negativity is becoming so boring, this is our second team playing in impossible conditions...and we are winning.

Playing the second string of a side 2 leagues below who also have to deal with those same conditions, and we are argubly fortunate to be winning.

We're still in the lead lads. Not all is lost even though we're not exactly performing like Real Madrid. Relax and enjoy the game a little too, isn't that why we're all watching? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNeeUs said:

Massively disappointing.

Bjarnason is shocking. Samba (who I really like) is having a bit of a mare.

Hourihane and Onomah need to get out of second gear. 

O'Hare looking good and Hogan just waiting for someone to understand his strength of a through ball (haven't seen one of them at Villa in a couple seasons). 

Fingers crossed. It would be nice to finish 3 or 4 goals ahead but in good old fashioned Villa it will be a butt clencher till the end.

I agree. The weather isn't helping but that's not really an excuse. Onomah is looking ok, the only player who really wants to dribble at them with the ball. I really wish we had someone who could feed Hogan in, otherwise he does very little. 

I've seen quite a bit of Bjarnason now and he really doesn't cut it for me, quite a poor player unfortunately. Samba just can't handle the skiddy service and anything on the ground has been a nightmare for him. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

O'Hare looks a natural to fill that important Grealish role Bruce was on about 

He actually looks better than Grealish to me with more end product.....so far.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

We're still in the lead lads. Not all is lost even though we're not exactly performing like Real Madrid. Relax and enjoy the game a little too, isn't that why we're all watching? :)

The fact we are in the lead is the problem.

"STOP PLAYING BOYS, EVERYONE DROP 15 YARDS, HOOF IT, PUT IT IN THE CHANNELS. HOPE FOR THE BEST. GOODNIGHT."

We really weren't comfy for 30 minutes though were we?

Colchester were more direct in their passing, busier and looked up for it.

This season bares a striking resemblance to last season already.  New players and nothing has changed, no passing shape, predictable failures, Samba was shocking.

cannot believe we are as bad as we were 2 years ago if not worse.  What the F is Bruce doing?

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Impossible conditions?!!? It's just **** raining, the pitch looks ok to be honest.

Have you ever played in conditions like That? You can see the water spraying off the ball every time it's kicked, it's so difficult to have a good touch of the ball...nevermind control it and turn at speed.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

The fact we are in the lead is the problem.

"STOP PLAYING BOYS, EVERYONE DROP 15 YARDS, HOOF IT, PUT IT IN THE CHANNELS. HOPE FOR THE BEST. GOODNIGHT."

The fact that we are in the lead is a problem?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Playing the second string of a side 2 leagues below who also have to deal with those same conditions, and we are argubly fortunate to be winning.

And arguably they were fortunate with their their deflected goal.

• Like 1

I actually think they're playing pretty well, considering the conditions, and one or two mental moments.

I don't know if anyone else has played a competitive game in torrential rain but it's hard work and unpredictable.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Do people still think were getting promoted seriously?

I personally think it's going to be a long old season :-) but I wouldn't judge our chances for the season on this game. We have mostly a second string side out in quite a wet pitch.