SHA vs Villa: Discussion Thread

Jez

What did he do then? Well, he brought in some old cronies first - Chris Sutton, Didier Agathe and, last but not least, Stiliyan Petrov! The Bulgarian who has set the world alight after moving for somewhere between £6.5-£8million with his woeful displays is perhaps a good example of how someone can be look legendary in the SPL, but utter garbage in the English Premier League.

hang on didnt your manager sign him before us when he was still old you sap? petrov isnt old either

Stiliyan Petrov! The Bulgarian who has set the world alight after moving for somewhere between £6.5-£8million with his woeful displays is perhaps a good example of how someone can be look legendary in the SPL, but utter garbage in the English Premier League.

oh fistface hasnt signed flops then has he oh no. 5.5m on the inury prone dunn, 3m on gronkjaer, 3m on the water pistol to name a few.

Sure, that might not be anywhere near the truth, but with the Petrov fee, combined with the Ashley Young transfer, things don't appear to add up. Perhaps it would do if we travelled back in time to 2000 at Leicester, who knows.

fact blosers cant read or understand. MON said that he wont pay the odds for average players but if he thinks they are worth more he will spend on them and ashley young has been class. would rather have him that that loser mcscruffy

Tomorrow should be interesting - for Birmingham City have a manager who knows he is managing Birmingham City in 2007. But can Aston Villa make the same claim - or is Martin O'Neill stuck in a time-warp where he is trying to transform Villa into Leicester City of 2000-ish, where he can get back into his comfort zone...?

the bitterness really shows what a sad bunch of fans they have.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spuds record in derbies is mainly based on lower league games. Who gives a **** about scum v Stoke and how does that have an outcome on our game?

Your as good as your last match Potato. They're also on a run of lost 5 of the last 6 matches. But its all ok Forsell scored a hatrick on the training ground.

These sort of idiots are what give the rest of the country the impression all Brummies are as slow mentally as our speech.

Was bored to looked into some forums. I found this a tad funny..

I'd rather we beat villa and got relegated than lose twice and stay up.

Anyone who says otherwise isn't a true blue.

Its always been that way

This indicates the extent of their ambition. I've never lived in Brum, so for me the local pride thing isnt as much of an issue and thus I see the game as just another 3 point, but a very important three points. Reading from most of these Brummie lads shows how much it really means, its a massive game of football for everyone involved. But leaving that behind, bragging rights mean absolutely nothing when you play in the championship...

Villa fans want Europe, but understand this is difficult. Small Heath fans want to beat Villa, but dont seem to realise that staying up is much more important.

Blues will go down and come up and go down, that's who they are.

They know that.

That's why this game is so important to them, winning this game is the nearest they'll ever get to glory. It's the closest they'll ever come to feeling like they've won something.

We know there's a chance of real glories. We just hate the sad bastards.

This is going to be the only time you'll hear me say this, but we need someone to give a Baros type performance tomorrow. Although Cahill got all the credit that day, I think that was one of the few times that Baros was a constant threat and really worked hard. I have to say I see a draw coming.

Different for me, living in Leeds. Last two games I watched in one particular pub with one fellow Villa fan and one Nose (quite a decent lad as it happens, but still... a nose). It's a drive away, but the same two guys will be there.

I've now found a more local one I could walk to (probably with another mate who supports Sheffield United) and thus get tanked.

Decisions, decisions.

Well it's sorted. The more distant boozer, with Dicky Plums of this parish, plus the Nose, a Barcode and two Blades fans (who are very grateful for Cahill's goal this afternoon).

Come on Villa, don't let me down.

I'm going to my mate's house (those who read a few pages pack will know what I mean). If we lose feel free to blame me! Make me the scapegoat, I can be the new Zat Knight!

I can't believe your doing it Stevo. If we lose im gonna start a thread about you when i get back.

I have a few "mates" who are SHA so i hope we hammer the words removed tomorrow! Nothing worse than a mouthy bluenose tosser, pile more misery on them tomorrow please Villa, its what they deserve.

I see Steve Bennet is the ref for this match, who in 11 matches has issued 4 reds and 40 yellow cards!!!!!

I think that tally with certainly increase today.....

Had a dream there was a mass brawl on the pitch last night.

I'm going for a 0-2 final scoreline. Mellberg and Reo to score

Blues will go down and come up and go down, that's who they are

Yes, OutByEaster, but sometimes it takes them as many as 17 years to get back up! :lol:

Hope today is a great day for us all - Let the Lion loose to maul the Noses!

Talking some of my villa mates here and are drinking the red bull to watch this game tonight and some have exams tomorrow.

Birmingham City 1 v. 3 Aston Villa

Best of luck from Australia.

COME ON VILLA!