SHA vs Villa: Discussion Thread

Jez

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berger offers a different more "cultured" (if you see what I mean) attacking approach.

I prefer the pace of Young in this game although I fear that they will hack Young down everytime he gets the ball and he may suffer a bigger injury if he plays

You're not allowed to support your club and be optimistic!

sorry lads. I been doing this for years and it just leads to dissapointment more often than not. Its better to be realistic. It dosent hurt as much then.

Don't like the way Young's injury dosen't seem to have improved so would be a massive blow to lose his creative skills for this game.

Better news for us is that for them Jerome, McSheffrey and O'Connor are all major doubts so they'll probably have to start crock Forssell as their lone frontman with not much firepower on the bench.

We still feel derby defeat pain - BruceNov 9 2007

By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

BIRMINGHAM City boss Steve Bruce today admitted that the pain of Blues last two derby games against Villa remained.

Blues lost 1-0 to a Kevin Phillips goal at St Andrew's in October 2005 and crashed to a 3-1 loss at Villa Park in March.

"It was painful because of the way it was and what happened to us," said Bruce. "At Villa Park, Cahill scored a wonder goal, if you remember. He won't get another one like that in his life.

"Who knows, if we had beat them that day, they might have been sucked into it. People forget, it was really close at the time, they were trying to get away from the bottom of the table as well.

"I think what summed up our whole season that year was Upson snapping his Achilles tendon in the warm-up then Dunn going off after 17 minutes."

"The first game was touch and go and O'Leary dancing across the pitch as he did will stick for a while...but there you go," added Bruce, shaking his head at the former Villa boss.

"Apart from those two games, our record against them is quite decent in the Premier League - won four, drawn two."

Blues were relegated that 2005-06 season, of course, and the loss at Villa was their only defeat in seven games up to the final 'dead' match at Bolton Wanderers, by which time they were already doomed.

BITTER BASTARD

I'm concerned about Forsell. Injury to Jerome suggests he'll start. Forsell has scored 2 hattricks in his last 2 games - I know it's on a different stage but I think confidence is everything with a footballer.

Not half as good as when he first went there due to all the injuries he's had robbing him of much of his pace.

youngs a threat he will cuase all kinds of havoc they oily blosers will try break his legs no doubt. lets nrc does the same if the try that tactic.

the fixture list is a load of bollox anyway we only ahve two derbies this season and both times they are both next tob each other. bloody fa :angry:

"The first game was touch and go and O'Leary dancing across the pitch as he did will stick for a while...but there you go," added Bruce, shaking his head at the former Villa boss.

:crylaugh:

What a hypocrite. Clearly it runs right through the club from the boardroom downwards.

Was this this not the fat, ugly pig who danced a jig on our pitch when they scored a late goal a couple of seasons ago.

Just like the old day's, i can feel my blood starting to boil and it's only Friday night :angry: