SHA vs Villa: Discussion Thread

Jez

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News just in.....

The unwashed are trying to charge £30 to upgrade a childs season ticket to an adults season ticket "because it's the villa".

Unfortunately, I know this because my missus is an unclean and she's gone, she'd best not spend that £30 though, I want it for beer tonight when we win.

Hopefuly it's an attempt at mind games and Young will play. If he doesn't our chances are severely damaged!

As I do every week now, my prediction is based on my gut feeling when I wake up. I'm feeling fairly confident, but not completely happy. Therefore I'm going for a 2-1 win. I'm gonna go into specifics. i think Ridge will open the scoring, then Gabby will equalise goinginto half time. then at the start of the second half we'll score early from a penalty, but then be under the cosh for 40 minutes but somehow hold out for the win.

If exactly THAT happens then i expect some sort of reward for being so dam accurate!!

From sportinglife.com

DERBY CONCERNS FOR BRUCE

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has three major injury concerns for Sunday's derby clash with Aston Villa at St Andrews.

Gary McSheffrey (calf), Cameron Jerome (stomach) and Garry O'Connor (groin) are all battling to be fit. O'Connor has had a scan which has revealed a problem in the groin area, an injury which will also be of concern to Scotland ahead of their vital Euro 2008 qualifier with Italy on November 17.

Blues skipper Liam Ridgewell will face his former club for the first time since making his £2million move during the summer.

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is hopeful winger Ashley Young will be fit for the second-city derby.

Young limped out of the 2-0 win over Derby with a groin strain last weekend and was unable to train on Friday, but O'Neill remains optimistic he will be available to face City.

Striker John Carew could come into the equation after missing six games with knee ligament damage, although he did not feature in Villa's mid-week reserve game with Tottenham.

Teams

Birmingham (from): Taylor, Kelly, Ridgewell, Djourou, Queudrue, Larsson, Muamba, Nafti, Palacios, Jerome, Kapo, Schmitz, O'Connor, Forssell, Kingson, Doyle, Danns, De Ridder, Parnaby, Jaidi.

Aston Villa (from): Carson, Taylor, Sorsensen, Mellberg, Laursen, Knight, Davies, Bouma, Barry, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Young, Agbonlahor, Moore, Carew, Harewood, Berger, Gardner, Maloney, Osbourne.

COME ON VILLA! **** COME ON! EVERY MISS IN FRONT OF GOAL TODAY I'M GONNA PUNCH MY MISSUS IN THE HEAD, SO MISS A FEW, BUT NOT TOO MANY.

When she gets back you mean? :-)