SHA vs Villa: Discussion Thread

Jez

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's the dealio. One of my best mates is a scum fan (I know Iknow, but he is of the minority in the fact that he isn't a complete penis and i can actually have an intelligent conversation with him about the two teams) and I've watched all but 2 villa blues prem derbies around his house with a load of mates and his family, a great mix of blues and villa fans, (even though some of his family ARE the stereotypical scum fan) anyway, it's a good laugh and a hell of a lot better than getting glassed down the pub during the match.

Point is, the only two I didn't watch at his house (I was at Uni) we won. He rang me today to invite me round for yet another Villa vs Blues game...do I attend?!

So here's the dealio. One of my best mates is a scum fan (I know Iknow, but he is of the minority in the fact that he isn't a complete penis and i can actually have an intelligent conversation with him about the two teams) and I've watched all but 2 villa blues prem derbies around his house with a load of mates and his family, a great mix of blues and villa fans, (even though some of his family ARE the stereotypical scum fan) anyway, it's a good laugh and a hell of a lot better than getting glassed down the pub during the match.

Point is, the only two I didn't watch at his house (I was at Uni) we won. He rang me today to invite me round for yet another Villa vs Blues game...do I attend?!

no dont go lol. Ive been to every one at st andrews and the one i didnt go to we won, hence the reason why im not goin this time either. :lol:

Do you **** go! Get down the boozer and be billy no mates for the afternoon. You can always go round after the game to rub his nose in it.

My team for Sunday:

...........................Carson..................

Gardner.....Mellberg.......Laursen.......Bouma

Agbonlahor....Reo-Coker.....Barry......Young

...............Carew..........Moore

This is of course if Carew is fit, and I think we'd be more solid with Laursen and Mellberg in the middle!

I know some do not like Agbonlahor on the right but he tracks back and is obviously very quick and would help protect Gardner better than Petrov would.

I haven't seen us win down the pub all season so far: spurs, man utd and bolton, two draws and a loss. My theory is I get to see the first away win on telly v the blues. Deserve a pub win at some point tbh.

Tell him bollocks. You've gotta take this one for the Villa and stay at home all day on your own.

If we lose this one we now know its because Stevo betrayed us all and watched the match and needs to be banned.

Grrrr just realised I'm at work on Sunday till 3pm :(

Anyhow I think we'll win this one and win it well.

Last time out at the sty I predicted 1-0 with Phillips scoring which was spot on, this time I predict 2-0 with Gabby and Barry (pen) scoring.

Similar dilemma here too.

I'm planning on watching the game in my local pub. Good mix of Villa and Blues, my mate's birthday, basically gonna make a day of it...

...but...

...Villa have never ever won a game that I watched in that pub - and I've watched dozens of games there over the course of about 8 years. A perfect example is Spurs away this season. I listened to the first half in the car on the radio, I got into the pub just in time for the second half.

I dunno if I should jinx it. haha

Stevo go watch the game round your scum supporting mates and Gizmo go down your local. We are going to win and win well and it would be a shame if you missed out on having a few Sha supporters to take the piss out of when it happens.

Different for me, living in Leeds. Last two games I watched in one particular pub with one fellow Villa fan and one Nose (quite a decent lad as it happens, but still... a nose). It's a drive away, but the same two guys will be there.

I've now found a more local one I could walk to (probably with another mate who supports Sheffield United) and thus get tanked.

Decisions, decisions.

First chance ive had to post this, as i havent been near a computer, but yesterday, I saw Mr Reo Coker outside the apple stroe in the bullring. The brief convo went something like this:

Me: "Nigel!"

NRC: "Alright mate, how you doing?"

Me: "Good mate. You all ready for Sunday? Good Luck!"

NRC: "We dont need luck. Were ready".

Hand shake and end of exchange.

That boy is pysched up.

Roll on sunday!!!!

Reo Coker will come in to his own in a derby game. Its the one thing we've lacked the last few times we've played them is a nasty little bastard in the middle of the park. Well now we've got one and alongside the superior class we have in the likes of Young, Barry, Gabby, Carew etc all points to a comfortable win for us.

My team for Sunday:

...........................Carson..................

Gardner.....Mellberg.......Laursen.......Bouma

Agbonlahor....Reo-Coker.....Barry......Young

...............Carew..........Moore

This is of course if Carew is fit, and I think we'd be more solid with Laursen and Mellberg in the middle!

I know some do not like Agbonlahor on the right but he tracks back and is obviously very quick and would help protect Gardner better than Petrov would.

I agree with this but I would rather see Gabby up front instead of Moore, Young on the right and Berger on the left. I do not want to see Knight on the pitch for any villa game, let alone one of the biggest of the season.