Fantasy Football Draft 2017/8

sexbelowsound

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Question, does the max of 3 players per club rule still apply for the draft?

I can't seem to see it referenced in the rules

No you could have a Chelsea 11 would make no difference

6 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Is it Perez for Perez? :D

Yep! That Perez is more likely to get more game time than this Perez. The strikers left are absolutely pants!

I think doing it with 16 people is very challenging. 

In retrospect, 16 is too many players . . . I know this sounds like whinging but there aren't actually 16 'elite' players in the Premier League, so by the time I picked Chicharito was about the best I could do. 16 would be fine in TOGGA where players get points for doing things other than goals, assists and clean sheets, and a player like Herrera is a really good pick. It's too many for this game though. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In retrospect, 16 is too many players . . . I know this sounds like whinging but there aren't actually 16 'elite' players in the Premier League, so by the time I picked Chicharito was about the best I could do. 16 would be fine in TOGGA where players get points for doing things other than goals, assists and clean sheets, and a player like Herrera is a really good pick. It's too many for this game though. 

Absolutely agree with this. However honestly no one's team is really good so its very interesting to see who wins this. Some have a decent CF and half decent forwards but a rubbish midfield and vice versa.

Its definitely going to be interesting but the only thing I dont like with volume of 16 players is if you need a waiver your left with players they dont really play so you are screwed. Like when the autopick chose me Perez from Arsenal (no idea why the hell he was so high up on the list) and bets i can get is perez from newcastle as he is likely to play more 

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep. I largely left my drafting to my watch list so when I saw Schneiderlin had been drafted I had a look at the options on waivers. Nothing I got excited about.

At least with TOGGA he would have been relevant. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely agree with this. However honestly no one's team is really good so its very interesting to see who wins this. Some have a decent CF and half decent forwards but a rubbish midfield and vice versa.

Its definitely going to be interesting but the only thing I dont like with volume of 16 players is if you need a waiver your left with players they dont really play so you are screwed. Like when the autopick chose me Perez from Arsenal (no idea why the hell he was so high up on the list) and bets i can get is perez from newcastle as he is likely to play more 

My forward line of Vokes, Murray and Gayle would be the decent one you mentioned then. :P 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What's an elite player scoring? 200+? If so I'd say there's probably 16 players capable of getting above or close to this. Everyone should have had opportunity to get one, and no one should be able to rely on them.

As Dem says, everyones team has strengths and weaknesses. I don't think the early picks neccessarily got the strongest teams either.

Fowards is always gonna be tight, but there are still a couple of starters in waivers I think. Plus there will be new signings. And there are plenty of starting mids and defenders left that will be 100+ players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

My forward line of Vokes, Murray and Gayle would be the decent one you mentioned then. :P 

Don't think there's too much to complain about, probably one of the strongest teams I think for GK, DF and MF. Gayle has potential to score well, Murray should get a few goals, and Vokes is currently number one striker at Burnley.

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

Don't think there's too much to complain about, probably one of the strongest teams I think for GK, DF and MF. Gayle has potential to score well, Murray should get a few goals, and Vokes is currently number one striker at Burnley.

Good thing I wasn't complaining then isn't it. ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Yep. I largely left my drafting to my watch list so when I saw Schneiderlin had been drafted I had a look at the options on waivers. Nothing I got excited about.

There's at least 10 mids in waivers that should outscore Schneiderlin.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Where did you find the Almanac Marty?

Ha, I did say should.

Ok there are about 30 that outscored him pts/per game last season. IMO quite a few of them will play as much or more regularly. Plus there are a few new attacking mids/wingers available that I think should be getting 100+ points.

46 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

What's an elite player scoring? 200+? If so I'd say there's probably 16 players capable of getting above or close to this. Everyone should have had opportunity to get one, and no one should be able to rely on them.

As Dem says, everyones team has strengths and weaknesses. I don't think the early picks neccessarily got the strongest teams either.

Fowards is always gonna be tight, but there are still a couple of starters in waivers I think. Plus there will be new signings. And there are plenty of starting mids and defenders left that will be 100+ players.

I think the way they do the drawing as in if your first you go last next turn is a good way to do this. I think it benefits you if you are like between 4-8 on your first pick. i was 11th which was pants as all the 10 decent strikers went so therefore I had to get a average striker or a top midfielder so therefore i went for Alli. I think  afew people after me also did this tactic.

No one has  a really outstanding team from the 16 of us and I think it is wide open. Its also interesting no captain option which I think is fair 

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

What the hell is this? I thought it's based on points each week :crylaugh:

12 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

The other draft league I'm doing with draftfantasy has implemented a 'Kanté rule' this season, for players like Kanté, Gana, Schneiderlin, Romeu etc

1 point for every 4 tackles/interceptions or every 4 recoveries. Applies to all players. It'd be good if FPL implemented it next season, kind of like when they did the Ultimate Fantasy League a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

We did our draft last night.

It was an absolute joke.

After 10 minutes of the draft working perfectly, it wouldn't automatically refresh after someone made a pick. So we had to sit there constantly refreshing the page.

Which wasn't too bad, until refreshing the page stopped working and you were just left with a loading screen, making it impossible to pick.

Luckily once we realised what was happening we furiously edited our watch lists to make our auto picks a bit more acceptable, but we were still left with some random picks (I got Costa, for example)

Not impressed at all.