Watford h 29th July 15:00

limpid

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

You'd like to think so. I'd hope Bruce will be taking it pretty seriously a week before the season starts and with a good testing opposition. Hopefully we see a pretty strong Watford team too to give us some indication as to where we're at.

As an aside, I think the pricing on this is ridiculous. I reckon that even just knocking £5 off the adult price would have made a large difference. I don't know why but a tenner for a ticket seems a lot cheaper than £15 to me for some reason (might just be me!). I'm going anyway so yeah hopefully we see a decent game and a fitting tribute even if it is an empty Villa Park!

I would assume as all proceeds are going to charity? 

17 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

With hindsight they should have made this free tickets to all season ticket holders and people could have made a donation if they wished. Majority would have and it would have been a great chance to honour him. 

You have an awful lot more faith in human nature than me. I think most would just view it as a way to see Villa for free and the charities would lose out overall. 

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:39, sidcow said:

So does anyone know if we are parading the cup of traditions at this game? :D

If the plan is to frighten children, then yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

If the plan is to frighten children, then yes.

I would think playing Micah Richards at right back would be much more effective in that regards! 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I would think playing Micah Richards at right back would be much more effective in that regards! 

That terrifies me, and I am not a child. ( Age wise :P)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I'm really excited about this! How sad am I.

This season, like at the beginning of every season regardless of how incredibly unlikely it is, I believe somewhere deep down inside that we can win the league. 

For the last 10 years that has been beyond the realms of pure fantasy and into the far side of insanity. 

This year it is something to genuinely think might happen and by golly you should get exited. 

Obviously if we do we can spend the next 20 years back on fantasy land and saying things like "Well if Leicester can do it......" 

I am excited too. This may be a pre-season game, but we're approaching the end of pre-season so we should hopefully be seeing our strongest 11 for at least 70 minutes today and that's exciting.

I also like that this match is against a current Premier League team as if we are to win the league we need to play better than every team in our current league. I want to see how we stack up against Premier League competition even if it is Watford.

There is lots to be excited about today and looking forward to the season ahead. 

No keeper on the bench? 

Looks like a 4231 line up with Grealish playing the No.10 position. 

Other than Hutton getting the nod ahead of Bree and Gabby ahead of Hogan, fairly happy with that line up considering the injuries and absences we have. 

Steer starting 3 friendlies in a row.. Dont think Johnstones played a single minute since he signed?

I'm really hoping Steer is our main keeper this season.

Â