Watford h 29th July 15:00

limpid

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Our defense is rock solid. It's a good foundation to build on. Hopefully we manage to do it right. There was promise today, although mostly from a quite surprising direction - Gabby.

It was rock solid last year too, Only 4 teams conceded less - 2 of those got automatic promotion. 

14 hours ago, VERB27 said:

Come off it.

Suggesting a TOTAL lack of creativity is more of an exaggeration than when I threatened to move into a bungalow because I tripped up my hallway stairs. 

We were good in patches going forward and were particularly good on the counter attack I thought. 

I concede our conversion was poor, but the signs are there that we've made progress.

Not clear to me we've made any 'progress' at all, will wait to see the first 5 or so games to make a call on that. Mostly looks more of the same to me.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Would have been better with more people, shame less than 11,000 turned up. Villa could have helped by pricing the game more favourably as well. 

Out of curiosity, what makes you think VIlla set the price?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nothing really, just an assumption. What's the truth?

No idea. Originally this fixture was arranged to be at Watford. I'd assume that whoever organised the event set the pricing and that we rented them the ground at cost or in return for the spending on concessions.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

No idea. Originally this fixture was arranged to be at Watford. I'd assume that whoever organised the event set the pricing and that we rented them the ground at cost or in return for the spending on concessions.

Thanks - would be interesting to find out. I take back 'Villa' in my original post and replace with 'whoever set the ticket price' then. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thanks - would be interesting to find out. I take back 'Villa' in my original post and replace with 'whoever set the ticket price' then. 

You could get someone  to ask at the next pie filling meeting FCG.

43 minutes ago, limpid said:

You could get someone  to ask at the next pie filling meeting FCG.

If I remember, I will - and while we're on the subject of pie fillings, I might ask why, despite leaving my seat on the blowing of the half-time whistle, I didn't return to it from the food kiosk until the 58th minute of the match. 

Â