Watford h 29th July 15:00

limpid

I don't mind it too much as some of these players didn't get to play together in the German tournament.

I mean Bruce knows how well Elmo and Hogan linked, but given that Kodjia likely won't be fit for the start of the season it's worth seeing how Gabby and Elmo link up as well. 

Most of this would have likely been gathered had that mid-week game with Arminia happened, but it didn't.

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Steer starting 3 friendlies in a row.. Dont think Johnstones played a single minute since he signed?

I'm really hoping Steer is our main keeper this season.

I highly doubt that Johnstone has come here to sit on the bench

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Steer starting 3 friendlies in a row.. Dont think Johnstones played a single minute since he signed?

Johnstone played in the 2-1 loss at Shrewsbury. 

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Might just be Bruce trying to get a look at Steer, he's been injured the whole time Bruce has been here. I'd personally prefer Johnstone.

Just now, Daweii said:

Johnstone played in the 2-1 loss at Shrewsbury. 

Oh yeah, so he did.. I have tried to erase that game from my memory

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I keep forgetting Watford are in the Premier League. Seems wrong. 

Shows how badly we did it. 

Teams like Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Burnley and The Boggies easily coping with life in the PL despite the their profile, inferior player facilities, crowd sizes, corporate income etc etc. 

All the massive advantages we had over these clubs it should be almost impossible to mess it up really. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Shows how badly we did it. 

Teams like Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Burnley and The Boggies easily coping with life in the PL despite the their profile, inferior player facilities, crowd sizes, corporate income etc etc. 

All the massive advantages we had over these clubs it should be almost impossible to mess it up really. 

Agreed. We should be where Tottenham are now or at the very least Everton. It's going to take us decades now to catch up if we ever do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

This is how we should start then:

WBT0wg8.jpg

I'd prefer to see Bree instead of Hutton obviously, but like the set up overall.  If Kodjia was fit to replace Gabby, this would be a very strong and attacking line up.

Don't know about the line up, but that grass looks gorgeous.

• Like 2

Would have been there but I'm currently in Orlando and it's a bit of a commute... Problem with a lot of late July friendlies - loads go on holiday after schools break up but before season kicks off proper. I'm taking advantage of YouTube but think this one actually shouldn't be on it to have encouraged ticket sales.

Â