Shrewsbury a 15th July 15:00

limpid

well if fitness is not all what  its about......we are in trouble.

just about everything wrong.

they can't even win a one on one duel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a friendly, experimental timer. Play with formations, teams and fitness. It's not important whatsoever at this stage

It is when we are setting the team up and performing in the same shambolic way we played last season.

No Kodjia no clue... Again

• Like 1

It's a friendly, experimental timer. Play with formations, teams and fitness. It's not important whatsoever at this stage

...or you know..just do exactly what we did last year and hope it works this time :trollface:

Anyone that takes anything positive from that performance is kidding themselves. Don't tell me it's just pre-season, and don't tell me we were focusing on fitness. It's just absolute garbage.

BTW, it was never a penalty. 

• Like 2

I just can't believe some people think this.

The Result is totally unimportant.

But other things are and I've now watched 180 minutes live that haven't looked ANY different to last season.

Again as last year the only time we got men forward was when we were behind.

Fitness levels look good though.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

well if fitness is not all what  its about......we are in trouble.

just about everything wrong.

they can't even win a one on one duel.

Didn't even look fit. Everytime the ball would pop off a Shrewsbury player into a 50-50 we were two steps behind. Ross and Hogan in particular.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USA_Villa said:

Anyone that takes anything positive from that performance is kidding themselves. Don't tell me it's just pre-season, and don't tell me we were focusing on fitness. It's just absolute garbage.

BTW, it was never a penalty. 

It's our first proper pre season game, god be patient

while pre-season results do not matter in standings and points, they do matter in other VERY important ways

1. momentum: either positive of negative

2. confidence in self: either increase or decrease

3. confidence in teammates: either increase of decrease

4. the result matters because it is the outcome of the performance:  good or bad or pathetic.

So, the "happy optimists" that "this was meaningless, Bruce has it all under control" lose reality points.  In other words

5. the manager and the team need the fans behind them, the performance impacts that support:  increase or decrease

• Like 2

New season, same shit. Still no obvious playing style, still no energy in midfield, still no creativity in midfield, still nobody running with the ball in midfield, still no service to the forwards and, very obviously, still the same shit and clueless coaching team.

It may be pre-season but that was their pre-season too and the team that beat us was pretty much there second XI. 

• Like 3

Â