Shrewsbury a 15th July 15:00

limpid

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly, they mean nothing. It's just a. It worrying that we look the same as last season.

And the last part is why they don't just mean nothing. They're an opportunity to build a style of play. It isn't like the players are out there and could create chances at will but choose not to because its a meaningless pre season game. 

• Like 1

Exactly, they mean nothing. It's just a. It worrying that we look the same as last season.

If it wasn't the exact same problems as we saw last year I would brush it off as rustiness but it was a carbon copy performance and setup in every way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep this is only our first proper game. We will be rusty.

hogan and Hutton gave looked poor so far.

Except we looked much sharper against Kiddy.

Very close to Terry throughout - the main thing that strikes me so far is how he looks to play every time - I'm already worried he may have too much faith in the hall skills of his teammates - he looks as composed as our midfield, let alone defenders.

I liked McCormack / Hogan the other night but they e shown nothing today.

Green has looked a definite starter, shows up the slow pace of the rest.

Verteout okay but not helped being stuck with Thor, who for the second game running has been more use to the opposition.

No complaints about the approach as such from Bruce, but we need to - guess what - be more on the front foot!

Just now, rodders0223 said:

If it wasn't the exact same problems as we saw last year I would brush it off as rustiness but it was a carbon copy performance and setup in every way.

I think we kept the ball better and we didn't hit it long. That's an improvement on how we finished last season. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We don't really do much for Kodjia but he makes things happen. We don't do much for Gabby but even he manages to cause a few problems. 

Different players mate. We shouldn't have bought him. He is useful when you create chances. We don't. So he's useless.

Main thing is fitness and avoiding injuries - veretout playing well where he is , no need to move him -   Mac is a good link man , give it time - what matters is 3 weeks today , looking forward to seeing some changes for 2nd half .

Ok so just got back from a visit to my dear grandpa. Only managed to catch the last five minutes of the first half and heard the commentator mention that we haven't had a shot on target yet. How are we looking so far?

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Except we looked much sharper against Kiddy.

Very close to Terry throughout - the main thing that strikes me so far is how he looks to play every time - I'm already worried he may have too much faith in the hall skills of his teammates - he looks as composed as our midfield, let alone defenders.

I liked McCormack / Hogan the other night but they e shown nothing today.

Green has looked a definite starter, shows up the slow pace of the rest.

Verteout okay but not helped being stuck with Thor, who for the second game running has been more use to the opposition.

No complaints about the approach as such from Bruce, but we need to - guess what - be more on the front foot!

Thor and Hogan have looked so bad in most of their villa appearances. I'm really not convinced by either just yet. 

Terry has looked so composed it's been impressive to watch it so far. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And the last part is why they don't just mean nothing. They're an opportunity to build a style of play. It isn't like the players are out there and could create chances at will but choose not to because its a meaningless pre season game. 

I agree but you also can't get to to worked up over a friendly. They are more about getting fitness back.

I agree but you also can't get to to worked up over a friendly. They are more about getting fitness back.

I wouldn't get worked up. Just think issues in these games can be a concern. 

Just now, Eastie said:

Hogan impressed me on his debut at forest - think that was the best he's played for us - needs some goals for his confidence but doesn't seem involved today.

I thought he had an impressive first 20 mins with that amazing run. Then he looked like has done in every other game. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

McCormack has lost the ball every single time, looks decent against part timers but rusty as hell today.

Hope it's a confidence issue. A goal would do him good.

Slow and lethargic with no real cohesion or organization when in possession.

A lot needs to change in not so many weeks.

McGatemack will not be the answer this season either.

Green and Veretout (who I hope will stay) are positives, as are Terry and Chester.

Â