Shrewsbury a 15th July 15:00

limpid

Just now, DCJonah said:

We play Hull 3 weeks today. We've all agreed we need a strong start. 

Even if we won 9-0 for the next weeks it doesn't mean we will win at hull. Fitness wise we look poor so far but I expect we will get better with the more games go on.

some shit performances from hogan, McCormack, Hutton and the imposter known as Thor as I thought Thor was tough well he certainly looks crap every time I've seen him.

5 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Anyone that takes anything positive from that performance is kidding themselves. Don't tell me it's just pre-season, and don't tell me we were focusing on fitness. It's just absolute garbage.

BTW, it was never a penalty. 

Understand the frustration...... but I thought green looked ok first half and Davis held the ball up well when he came on he done more in his 30 mins than Hogan and Rmc together. Your right It was garbage though

11 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Anyone that takes anything positive from that performance is kidding themselves. Don't tell me it's just pre-season, and don't tell me we were focusing on fitness. It's just absolute garbage.

I thought it was a good block tackle.....very fortunate.

46 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

I'm not asking for much, all I want to see is the potential for something better than last season. Anything will do. I'm just struggling to see it.

well, you wasn't alone on that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Not even the first outing of terry and chester?

thought they were very promising together.

also thought hourihane, green and Lansbury did well. 

But I must be kidding myself instead of vitriolic overreacting  ;) 

Edited by theboyangel

yeah, don't need winning results, just any sign that the our esteemed manager has any idea of how he went wrong last year. I know it's only pre-season but due to the depressing style of last year, I admit for me he has next to no rope left with regards to starting this season. If it isn't quick and well, I'll immiediately lose any remaining faith in him. He's been here 9 months now. 

So hopefully, this is just a crappy pre-season game with little to mean from it and come a months time we'll be a radically different proposition. I hope. 

It's just very rare you get a side that does radically transform from pre-season into the season as a different side

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Some things never change on here i see. 

I dont know how some of you get through the day :D

Up the villa 

We get through the day by not watching Villa. 

Then Villa play. 

Then we lose all hope again. Watching this garbage does that to a person.

Dont care about the scoreline, but do care about the dire dire performance. Against a league 1 second XI. WTF?????

24 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Well at least we know not to combine Hutton and Richards at CB :D. That should be common knowledge however.

WTF??? Why? Just WHY???? Why would ANYONE do that?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

WTF??? Why? Just WHY???? Why would ANYONE do that?

Hahaha yup. Out of necessity is all, but yes, you just knew that would lead to calamity straight away.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Well at least we know not to combine Hutton and Richards at CB :D. That should be common knowledge however.

Has Richards actually played well with anybody at CB since Richard Dunne in about 2006 when he held his hand. Since he was here he played with Lescott, Okore, Clark and think Baker and looked awful each time (not that others are better)

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has Richards actually played well with anybody at CB since Richard Dunne in about 2006 when he held his hand. Since he was here he played with Lescott, Okore, Clark and think Baker and looked awful each time (not that others are better)

The memory of Richards and Lescott together at the back sends shivers down my spine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul33 said:

New season, same shit. Still no obvious playing style, still no energy in midfield, still no creativity in midfield, still nobody running with the ball in midfield, still no service to the forwards and, very obviously, still the same shit and clueless coaching team.

It may be pre-season but that was their pre-season too and the team that beat us was pretty much there second XI. 

100% this.

Im afraid anyone saying it's "just per season" is missing the point.

Unless Bruce changes how we play - which of course is still possible - we can add these games to what we already know and draw conclusions.

• Like 2

Â