General Election 2017

ender4

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Yep, I shall be drinking myself (even more) stupid whilst watching the horror unfold.

I spoilt my ballot in a safe Tory seat.

I always stay up if possible,  I really like it and I booked a day off tomorrow in case it gets late.

I can't even vote anymore in the UK election.  

I find it really interesting though,  a bit sad i suppose.  (I used to live in Sutton Coldfield)

• Like 1

Anywho, done my bit. First time in an election I've not spoilt my ballot.

Station was reasonably busy. This area is all old people and was once described by a friend as 'a white ghetto' so I don't expect much. And the seat is a safe Labour one.

But I can sleep soundly knowing I didn't help that witch and her coven at all.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sod the possession, what about the style? If we aren't campaigning like Brazil 1970 it's not good enough.

We ?

Slip or have you been converted to team Jezza ? 

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I always stay up if possible,  I really like it and I booked a day off tomorrow in case it gets late.

I can't even vote anymore in the UK election.  

I find it really interesting though,  a bit sad i suppose.  (I used to live in Sutton Coldfield)

I always stay up watching thinking thank **** my company didn't get involved in any of the polling and what excuses  I'd have to be giving to my client in the morning if we did !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Yep, I shall be drinking myself (even more) stupid whilst watching the horror unfold.

I spoilt my ballot in a safe Tory seat.

Exactly the same (albeit I get pissed every Thursday after football)

slightly disappointed in my decision to use the biggest marker pen I could find as my weapon of choice though, you can tell I've spoilt it without opening it

• Like 1

Hey it's your choice and I don't blame you one bit but I just don't understand spoiling your ballot. If you dislike the party in power enough to not vote for them you've decided they haven't done a good job. But you have no idea if another party would or wouldn't so why wouldn't you give them a try?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Hey it's your choice and I don't blame you one bit but I just don't understand spoiling your ballot. If you dislike the party in power enough to not vote for them you've decided they haven't done a good job. But you have no idea if another party would or wouldn't so why wouldn't you give them a try?

There's absolutely good reason to spoil. If you don't believe in any of the parties, or have a problem with the system with itself, it allows you show your disdain for it whilst being counted still.

Hence why I generally do it. I don't particularly like any party and think the system requires reform.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Hey it's your choice and I don't blame you one bit but I just don't understand spoiling your ballot. 

Because I believe that Jonathan Kodjia does more good for my home town than the options on the paper .

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I dislike all parties 'in power'. :)

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

What would happen if the PM lost their seat? Would they still be PM?

I suppose legally he or she could be but, no, that wouldn't happen. 

26 minutes ago, colhint said:

are there any big names who might lose their seat? I don't really follow other constituencies.

Clegg and maybe the jock fella .. Angus Robertson  ,he might not be a big name as such but he is deputy leader of the freedom party

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Clegg and maybe the jock fella .. Angus Robertson  ,he might not be a big name as such but he is deputy leader of the freedom party

Pretty big name, it's got 14 letters. 

• Like 2

Â