General Election 2017

ender4

You Lot are a bunch of buggers. I have never bought, read or googled either the Sun or the Mail for well over a decade. I couldn't name any of their journalists. But you lot keep posting them on here.

Actually I have never bought a copy for over 20 years.

Edited by colhint
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I don't want to make a prediction because I am as unsure about turnout as the polls are. 

Anyway, I've added an additional 2 votes to the ballot by informing 2 18 year olds that they could vote without their poll cards. And convinced one 50 year old to spoil ballot who wasn't going to vote.

That makes me feel good, I'm aghast at the disillusionment felt by so many about politics. I'll drag folk to the polls if I have to even if to draw a cock on the ballot paper.

Without engagement we'll keep getting results that the majority of the country oppose. 

All good stuff.

However, I'm afraid we are going to have to take this onto the streets.  I'd rather we didn't.   As you say, the majority oppose.  And we will oppose.

5 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I'm sorry, but even if you support the Tories or just don't like Labour, how can that front page be very good? To me, it's representative of a public political conversation devoid of intelect, substance and wit. 

But then there are plenty of people devoid of intellect, substance and wit, so they need their bright colours and small words to help them understand the things that grown-ups talk about.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

representative of a public political conversation devoid of intelect, substance and wit.

Well yes, that is indeed our prevailing political culture, such as it is.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't think she under estimated him more didn't realise how the general public have the memory of a thingy a whatdoyoucallit . 

His spin doctors have done a better job than Mays and coupled with his fan boys on social media adopting the  tactic of intellectual superiority  over anyone who dare not believe the revisionism of Jezza approach ...well we are kinda where we've been on all the recent elections .... I guess tomorrow we see if all he won over was social media and students or convinced the public ... I'm not convinced but there is also a small part of me that thinks May's team made such a hash of things that they've inadvertently just **** the country ( more than they would have done themselves )

When's your boy Gove coming back to rescue things with his unique brand of politics....

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

. I guess tomorrow we see if all he won over was social media and students or convinced the public

just a reminder that people on social media and students are a part of the public.

35 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I'm sorry, but even if you support the Tories or just don't like Labour, how can that front page be very good? To me, it's representative of a public political conversation devoid of intelect, substance and wit. That front page doesn't give you any (honest) reasons to vote for or against anyone. It does, however, give you all the reasons you need not to ever buy the f***ing sun.

how about this one to balance things out...? ;)

How radio stations can't even talk about the election but the papers (both sides) can do whatever they like is a mystery

uZisHVx.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

22 minutes ago, a m ole said:

just a reminder that people on social media and students are a part of the public.

Indeed but if 2010 , 2015 and brexit taught us anything it's that students don't get out of bed to vote and people on social media will be busy taking pictures of their food  to get out and vote

But you know what I meant , it wasn't the converted he needed to convince ... did he get through to those that abandoned the party and need to be convinced to return , the floating voters etc.

i don't know that he has ... I don't think May did either , but she didn't really need to in the way Corbyn did .... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, colhint said:

May struggles to unite a team.  And Corbyn does?

Now now you know that's not how the game is played .... 

corbyn only does the  things that he does because he puts the party over himself :)

• Like 1

Â