General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I am voting greens as protest vote at how shite the two main parties are. I did a nice little doodle as well 

Mines a safe labour seat anyway so dont make a difference :angry:

Sounds like a waste of paper to me....

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

So wots everyones predictions this morning 

Tory Maj of 102 for me.

95 Tory majority.

Full depression got me today.

Beginning to wonder if I have some Irish ancestry. There must be. Hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

95 Tory majority.

Full depression got me today.

Beginning to wonder if I have some Irish ancestry. There must be. Hopefully.

If I can add to that depression a tory majority of 95 would make it near impossible for a labour victory in 2022/3 !

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

If I can add to that depression a tory majority of 95 would make it near impossible for a labour victory in 2022/3 !

You'd like to think, when everything's gone to shit over the next 5 years, the people would look at the hash of things the Tories will have made and think 'this clearly hasn't worked'.

But you know they won't.

Increasingly at a loss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Or rather who won't take things backwards 40 yrs to industrial chaos, 3 day weeks, and winters of discontent.

I do wonder if some of the younger Corbyn fans have looked into what happened to the UK the last time his ideology was in the ascendency.

Not at all relevant now

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Latest opinion polls show a 12% tory lead.  with a seat forecast majority of 96. Throw in the polls always overstate labour by around 3%, and the Tory landslide predicted when the election was called is very much on the cards.

Most worrying for Labour is that the Tories only campaigned with any vigour in the last week.  Sure JC came across well - but ultimately his campaign has failed in what it set out to do.  Big rethink needed by Labour.

I didn't realise the result was in yet?

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And it's a rainy day. Traditionally bad for the Labour vote. 

A theory unproven by any evidence. It doesn't rain as often as we think so there is no data to back this up. - However there is a lot evidence that suggests Tory voters get themselves to the polling station - where as labour voters are less reliable.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

A theory unproven by any evidence. It doesn't rain as often as we think so there is no data to back this up. - However there is a lot evidence that suggests Tory voters get themselves to the polling station - where as labour voters are less reliable.

Tiny anecdote, but usually when I go to vote, outside the polling station are a small bunch of party people with their rosettes on - a tory, a purple loony and independent...and so on. Today, in the rain there was just a Labour lady. Probably the others know it's a safe (tory) seat here, so stayed out of the rain, but I never usually see any Labour people.

7 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Not at all relevant now

I didn't realise the result was in yet?

No it isn't but even Labours own polling a showing a heavy defeat. 

The opinion polls have followed a very typical pattern

-When the election is announced sitting government has large lead

-Opposition comes out of the blocks attacking the government record - the opposition reduce the lead

-Come polling day the polls and result are pretty close to where they were at the time the election was called

I hope to god Im wrong - but historically general election campaigns don't actually alter much.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Tiny anecdote, but usually when I go to vote, outside the polling station are a small bunch of party people with their rosettes on - a tory, a purple loony and independent...and so on. Today, in the rain there was just a Labour lady. Probably the others know it's a safe (tory) seat here, so stayed out of the rain, but I never usually see any Labour people.

OK - I am confused - you don't usually see and Labour people - but you did Today ? 

I just dont see how he is going to be able to deliver all this even with increasing corparation tax and taxing the rich  (over 80k more)

Also does anyone really believe he is going to be able to get four extra bank holidays? Be hard enough getting one!

IMG-20170608-WA0000.jpg

BRITAIN is today remembering all the cool things that have happened under Tory rule since 2010. 

Every voter is running a highlight reel of the amazing events through their heads, from tuition fees to the dementia tax.

Nathan Muir of Croydon said: “Remember first thing they did when they came in? Put VAT up. Classic Tories.

“And then there were the riots, that was a blast from the past. Very retro, like the social unrest equivalent of eating a Wagon Wheel.”

Helen Archer of Bromsgrove agreed: “The cuts have been good. NHS, Army, schools, councils. Probably the police cuts are my favourites though.

“Then there’s Brexit and the slick, professional way they handled that.

“They should call these the Diamond Years or something because of how blissfully untroubled they’ve been.

“Hopefully there’s a nostalgic clips programme on Channel 4 tonight called something like ‘Top Ten Tory Moments’, with Stuart Maconie and some bloggers.

“I certainly won’t be watching the election results, in case the Tories don’t get back in.”

mash

• Like 3

Â