• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So is Elon Musk on the ruskie propaganda payroll? Or just a complete **** moron?

Or both🧐

I've said it several times before. He's a James Bond villain. He's probably masterminding the whole thing. 

• Like 2

Interesting.... The reporter at the start of the conflict that protested on tv flees after being under house arrest.

Russian TV Journalist Who Protested Ukraine War On Air Added To Wanted List (rferl.org)

Russian TV journalist Marina Ovsyannikova, who in March protested Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine in a live broadcast, has been placed on the Interior Ministry's wanted list after she allegedly escaped from house arrest.

Mediazona website said on October 3 that Ovsyannikova's name appeared in the ministry's registry of wanted persons. The ministry said the journalists is wanted for a crime but did not specify the accusations.

Two days earlier, Ovsyannikova's former husband, Igor Ovsyannikov, said she escaped from house arrest along with their 11-year-old daughter, adding that their current whereabouts are unknown.

Ovsyannikova's lawyer, Dmitry Zakhvatov, told Novaya gazeta.Europe at the time that he had no information about his client’s possible flight.

In August, a Moscow court placed Ovsyannikova under house arrest on a charge of distributing false information about Russia’s armed forces after police searched her apartment in the Russian capital.

Zakhvatov said then that Ovsyannikova may face up to 10 years in prison if convicted of the charge.

Ovsyannikova gained international recognition on March 14 when she burst onto the set of Channel One's Vremya news program holding a poster reading: “Stop the war. Don’t believe propaganda. They are lying to you” in Russian. She also shouted: "Stop the war. No to war."

Ukraine-born Ovsyannikova was a producer with Channel One at the time of her protest. She was later detained and fined 30,000 rubles ($490) by a court for calling for illegal protests.

Ovsyannikova resigned from Channel One and spent several months abroad, including in Ukraine, repeatedly expressing her condemnation of the war. 

After her return to Moscow in July, a court on August 8 ordered Ovsyannikova to pay a fine of 40,000 rubles ($660) for her latest online posts protesting the war. 

A law signed by Putin in March provides for lengthy prison terms for distributing "deliberately false information" about Russian military operations.

• Like 2

Elon Musk is a right wing fascist and has been for years. 

He is unfit to be CEO of a public company and unfit to be a US government contractor. 

Hopefully his latest comments persuade even more people to avoid buying products and services from companies he is associated with.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Musk really is going to regret that tweet (like a lot of others in his history)

I'd have voted neither had there been an option. He should've been in that Tesla that was launched into space.  

• Like 3

Musk likes the attention, he’s on the disorder spectrum somewhere. He’ll get slapped down by his aides tomorrow and come crawling back with a badly worded apology. He’s dangerous once he sets his mind to something. A bit like the scientists that designed the Stuka who were also great at inventing but bat excrement crazy.

I don’t think he’s on the payroll at Kremlin, but I think he’s unhappy about the price of rare minerals for his batteries after sanctions. He wouldn’t donate so many star links to UA if he didn’t at least at some point believe in Ukraines independence.

Tesla makes great cars, I’ll give them that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem with Musk is that he will divide people like Trump did. 

The problem is he's a narcissistic dickhead just like trump. 

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Musk saved his own tear drops in a vial.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The problem is he's a narcissistic dickhead just like trump. 

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Musk saved his own tear drops in a vial.  

Yup. He treats every tragedy as an opportunity for him to give his uneducated opinion and to personally attack the heroes who are trying to solve the problem. See Thai cave diver, health officials here in Alameda county, any climate change ,  women's rights, pro democracy activists. Awful man whose investors should kick him upstairs as chairman of the board and hire ethical CEOs to take over the running of the businesses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He is unfit to be CEO of a public company and unfit to be a US government contractor. 

Hopefully his latest comments persuade even more people to avoid buying products and services from companies he is associated with.

He reminds me of Albert Speer. Contempt for workers, conformism, etc. There's something insipid about his Tesla cars no one ever talks about. I hate the stupidity and ardor of people in buying those horrible cars. They're awful. I could see Musk organizing a Degenerate Art exhibit, etc. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He's a bellend but that's a bit far!

Plenty of CEO's who are more odious than him (sadly.) Just look at the oil and gas industry and in recent popular culture, Harvey Weinstein, Elizabeth Holmes, and the crown of them all Bernie Madoff.

Sadly whenever someone builds a company (or several) and has a strong vision then tend to forget about workers rights and laws seem an inconvenience to them. A lot of major industrial success stories (Ford, Rockefeller) fall victim to this and end up on a fascist bent.

• Like 2

Â