• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

24 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Footage now circulating of Ukrainian forces in Dudchany. 

I wonder how long the Russians will 'fall back' in an orderly manner here before it turns into a rout like in Kharkiv oblast. Judging from Lyman it won't be many days.

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder how long the Russians will 'fall back' in an orderly manner here before it turns into a rout like in Kharkiv oblast. Judging from Lyman it won't be many days.

Sooner than you think?!

I think Russia's biggest problem and why they're now being pushed back everywhere is their defence lines have been so static for months. Now that Ukrainian forces have the resources, it's far easier to punch through weaker areas. In turn they are moving that quick Russians aren't having enough time to create new defence lines strong enough to withstand attacks. I think if Ukraine can maintain logistics, it will take something monumental for Russians to alter this momentum any time soon. 

I think a combination of Russia's inability to look after it's troops the last few months, being slow to mobilise the general population and Ukrainian resources are becoming the decisive factor in what's currently happening imo.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I think Russia's biggest problem and why they're now being pushed back everywhere is their defence lines have been so static for months. Now that Ukrainian forces have the resources, it's far easier to punch through weaker areas. In turn they are moving that quick Russians aren't having enough time to create new defence lines strong enough to withstand attacks. I think if Ukraine can maintain logistics, it will take something monumental for Russians to alter this momentum any time soon. 

I think a combination of Russia's inability to look after it's troops the last few months, being slow to mobilise the general population and Ukrainian resources are becoming the decisive factor in what's currently happening imo.

Already stories out there that the RUssians have been told to get ready to evacuate Svatove in Luhansk in three days time (which by now is two days), due to the terrain there it is considered by the Russians to be indefensible

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Already stories out there that the RUssians have been told to get ready to evacuate Svatove in Luhansk in three days time (which by now is two days), due to the terrain there it is considered by the Russians to be indefensible

100%. If you look at the terrain east of the P66 its all hills. If Ukraine control these, they control Svatove and the surrounding land in the immediate east too. Them hills dominate the landscape.

image.png.ef79afe5d03c417f35289984a06e0b6c.png

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

100%. If you look at the terrain east of the P66 its all hills. If Ukraine control these, they control Svatove and the surrounding land in the immediate east too. Them hills dominate the landscape.

Yes I was just looking myself, there is an entire line of settlements that are much the same all built in the lee of the same range of hills and that pattern is again repeated in a few places moving East again

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Morale is a massive part of this. Russians aren't even sure why they are in this war, therefore far more likely to desert or retreat under conflict. Ukrainians will die for their land. Add in sophisticated weaponry for UA, it will take something huge for this momentum to change

• Like 1

Just now, pas5898 said:

Morale is a massive part of this. Russians aren't even sure why they are in this war, therefore far more likely to desert or retreat under conflict. Ukrainians will die for their land. Add in sophisticated weaponry for UA, it will take something huge for this momentum to change

The Ukraine surrender hotline has apparently been inundated with thousands of calls, some from troops on the frontline, some from the mobilized, some from people yet to be mobilised and some from parents of children already at the front

• Like 2

There are lots of settlement liberation videos from Kherson out there today, It really does seem like Ukraine has steamrollered right through from the North East. They already seem to have moved the front a flat 30km forwards

Davidyov Brid is important however as its the furthest south I've seem yet (It's on a parallel with Mylove but inland) and it is also an important crossroads of multiple roads, One of which leads directly down to the massive (and massively important) Dam on the Dnipro river

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

There are lots of settlement liberation videos from Kherson out there today, It really does seem like Ukraine has steamrollered right through from the North East. They already seem to have moved the front a flat 30km forwards

Davidyov Brid is important however as its the furthest south I've seem yet (It's on a parallel with Mylove but inland) and it is also an important crossroads of multiple roads, One of which leads directly down to the massive (and massively important) Dam on the Dnipro river

I think a lot of what is circulating implies this is what is happening. Ukraine need to squeeze the Kherson pocket all the way down to Beryslav and in range of Nova Kakovkha and the dam. 

image.png.868dda34b4f5815f1ec3a77fdbeb3b27.png

If they can force that eastern corridor to join with the northern advance it's game over in Kherson for Russia.

image.png.7b0769627ca0ceccb204f22dafd374d8.png

• Like 2

Russia have got quite a few troops tied up in north kherson looking at the map...

• 205th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade, 
  • 34th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade,
  •  227th Artillery Brigade, 
  • 126th Separate Guards Coastal Defense Brigade, 
  • 140th Artillery Regiment, 
  • 10th Separate Special Purpose Brigade, 
  • 11th Separate Assault Brigade. 

No sound on this however, this gives a good indication of why time is of the essence for Ukraine to advance. Notice the tank sliding due to the ground. Another couple of weeks and I can see these dirt tracks being unable to use. 

Â