• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

In this instance yes, one of the first things Russia did was unblock the canal, its that important to Crimea and they at this stage will still hope to keep Crimea

I hope you're right and my concern doesn't unfold as reality.

I just think if it looks like Crimea could get taken by Ukraine, what lengths would Russia go to, to hold on to it. I'm not 100% on the impact it would have on the region other than the water supply, but from flooding the region I'm sure that would be devastating in itself. Like I said I hope I'm trotting out horseshit and nothing happens.   

He can’t even get his Soviet military terminology correct what he’s calling 500s are actually 400s. He’s referring to those that surrender or refuse to fight

You’ll see Ukrainians refer to Cargo 200 a lot when referring to dead soldiers and officers

Cargo 100: ammunition

Cargo 200: Dead

Cargo 300: wounded

Cargo 400: concussion or captured

Cargo 500: medicines

Cargo 600: oversized cargo

Cargo 700: cash

Cargo 800: "special" or chemical weapons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'One night in Ukraine' is on IPlayer for anyone interested. Quite startling to be honest.

This film plays out in Ukraine on a single day: March 14, 2022, the 2,944th day of the Russian-Ukrainian War. In the last few weeks, intense warfare has surreally mixed places and people and created a post-apocalyptic dimension revealing new qualities and roles. Thousands of Kyivans have moved to live in subway stations. The capital city's previously calm suburbs have been transformed into battle zones of destruction and looting by Russian occupiers. People no longer live according to "workdays" or "weekends," counting instead the number of days since Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine... The film presents this day in the lives of a pop music star, video engineer, historian, art restorer, polar researcher, and pensioner, who were all forced to radically change their lives.

https://www.radiotimes.com/movie-guide/b-0i2owd/one-day-in-ukraine/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

'One night in Ukraine' is on IPlayer for anyone interested. Quite startling to be honest.

This film plays out in Ukraine on a single day: March 14, 2022, the 2,944th day of the Russian-Ukrainian War. In the last few weeks, intense warfare has surreally mixed places and people and created a post-apocalyptic dimension revealing new qualities and roles. Thousands of Kyivans have moved to live in subway stations. The capital city's previously calm suburbs have been transformed into battle zones of destruction and looting by Russian occupiers. People no longer live according to "workdays" or "weekends," counting instead the number of days since Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine... The film presents this day in the lives of a pop music star, video engineer, historian, art restorer, polar researcher, and pensioner, who were all forced to radically change their lives.

It is good but I preferred one night in Paris. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Are the current battles and the Crimea annexation all generally considered part of the same war? I always though they were two separate (but intertwined) events.

Has Ukraine considered itself at war with Russia between 2015 and 2022?

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Are the current battles and the Crimea annexation all generally considered part of the same war? I always though they were two separate (but intertwined) events.

Has Ukraine considered itself at war with Russia between 2015 and 2022?

Fighting in Donbas never stopped since 2014

• Thanks 1

I've been surprised at how frank and negative Russian state TV has been allowed to be about their military reverses. 

But then a horrible thought struck me. Could it be conditioning people into a paranoid defensive mindset? The evil west is ganging up on us, and invading our Holy Russia. We have no choice now but to use nukes... 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've been surprised at how frank and negative Russian state TV has been allowed to be about their military reverses. 

But then a horrible thought struck me. Could it be conditioning people into a paranoid defensive mindset? The evil west is ganging up on us, and invading our Holy Russia. We have no choice now but to use nukes... 

Yep, they're definitely ramping up about defeats because the whole world is against them and supplying Ukraine with powerful weapons.

• Like 1

Â