Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 minute ago, blandy said:

re the "Also Russia: we don't actually know what our new borders now are" thing. That's quite useful for them. If Ukraine takes more land back, they can pretend "oh, no that bit wasn't where our border was - we're not arsed about that bit".

Never thought of that,  wriggle room of sorts.

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

re the "Also Russia: we don't actually know what our new borders now are" thing. That's quite useful for them. If Ukraine takes more land back, they can pretend "oh, no that bit wasn't where our border was - we're not arsed about that bit".

The general perception in Russia seems to be that the only bit the general public ever really cared about was Crimea. The problem is Crimea can't be sustained without holding Kherson, where the Ukrainians are currently looking dangerous, and Zelensky understandably wants it back.

Putin has really tied himself in knots here.

I don't think any "off ramp" exists besides Putin being ousted / assassinated, unless he can somehow find a way of surviving total defeat in Ukraine.

If you want to spot contradictions, you'll be doing well to find more anywhere. There's a special amount of foolishness being talked here.

Especially funny is the idea that Russia was occupied by the West in the 1990s and it just gets wilder from there. Apparently others are copying this line

The whole of Ukraine is with them but beating them on the battlefield...

It really is an absolute masterclass in talking bollocks

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you want to spot contradictions, you'll be doing well to find more anywhere. There's a special amount of foolishness being talked here.

Especially funny is the idea that Russia was occupied by the West in the 1990s and it just gets wilder from there. Apparently others are copying this line

I used to think this was just lying for the sake of propaganda or that it was brainwashing. I'm leaning towards retarded of late. A good portion of the Russian population must be retarded. It's the only reasonable explanation for the bullshit being spouted and expectancy of the masses to believe it. "Say anything you want because the plebs won't understand the lie".   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh there's a video out there of one Russian soldier kindly administering oral relief to a fellow soldier when a drone drops a bomb on them

Pulling a tooth by any chance??!!! Dentists must be hard to cum by in the field...... soz lol. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

I can't help but interpret that as preparing the Russian population for a military retreat to the 2014 borders

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's a special amount of foolishness being talked here.

If their brains are not close to the human equivalent of a DIV/0 error or just melting I would be astonished.

Some things are hard coded fighting against a input of reality.  "Russia will never be defeated,  but mate.,  is still there always fighting with Putin's rubbish and their own,  "nuke everyone,  we don't need to becasue mnnnnggggggg re-group",  they have no self awareness either.  

I feel a bit bad,  its easy to take the mick becasue they are of no value.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yes, they can do that all the way back to Russia..

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:
1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yes, they can do that all the way back to Russia..

At this point,  I actually think I could sell Russia a time-share holiday opportunity of its own land.

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s tragically incredible, just rewriting history to fit a narrative then saying journalism needs to be restructured and censored, so that the people cannot access information to contradict the shit they’re coming out with.

Indoctrinated or not, surely the average Russian person sees through this bollocks? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

So 1.5 million Russian military uniforms have "gone missing."

They have paperwork saying they paid for them, and they were delivered, but nobody has ever seen them.

Â